Chpater 10

After two days of Avery living with us Brian and Chloe finally got to speak with her. She got home after school with Ingrid. They both came to the living room and stood there stiff. Avery looked at me as we sat in silence and gave me a questionable look, "Come in Avery dear... We'd like to speak with you." Chloe says gesturing at a seat. She sits next me and I smile "Don't worry, they're the most reasonable out of the bunch." I say making her smile lightly. Ingrid grunts and sucks her teeth "I'm doing to go see what Jasmine is up to." she says making me turn back and give her an angry look. She smiles and skips towards the door "Don't worry i'll make sure Claudia doesn't come near your precious human." she says making Brian and Chloe chuckle.

" she says making Brian and Chloe chuckle

Year later:

      Instead of us running home I took her for a walk, the long way home of sorts. I just wanted to give her some air from the house. She agreed to stay since she moved here for school and it was hard for her without Anna. Her and Chloe bonded over Liam and how she was a vampire for a year when she found out she was obsessed Liam. How he smelled so intoxicating that she couldn't wait to see him everyday. Of course they weren't close and it made Chloe sad, but just the thought of having his mate in her presence calmed her. They love each other since Hazel disappeared.

We kept walking as I told her the shorter version of our family history

We kept walking as I told her the shorter version of our family history. Just not the part where I was adopted, "You know you're family kind of sounds like the knockoff version of the tv show the Originals?" she says making scoff instantly "Yeah we get mixed up a lot with them. But they love Hazel's parents." I say making her stop in her tracks as she looks at me. I smile and nod "That story is very true but to say the least they've retired and remain hidden." I say making us keep walking until she stops again "Okay but Hope is a tribrid in real life?" she asks making me scoff "Hope isn't real to say the least. She's a hybrid for sure. Elizabeth is a different story, I guess her mom has something she doesn't know of because Elizabeth is a demonic one. Anyways yeah just don't mention this conversation in front of Hazels dad and you'll be great." I say making her nod. We finally get to the house and Hayden is outside on the steps.

He gets up and nods at Avery "Can I speak with you kai?" he asks making me frown my brows at him in question. She snaps her finger while slaps against her other hand "I'll see you at dinner kai... I'm going to get homework done." she says and waves Hayden bye. He fiddles with his hands "Do you think you could look up someone for me?" he asks making me smile "Yeah... Why can't you look them up where you and Hazel stay?" I ask making him suck his breath in "I don't want them to know i'm looking for her... She's kind of a big deal." he says making me nod. When we get inside Ingrid stops in her tracks and giggles "I'll call you later babe." she says making me roll my eyes. She starts to walk next to us "So what's going on?" she asks making him smile "I need your cousins help finding someone." he says making her hum.