Part 7

I stared at my so-called partner with my sword in hand. I sighed, if I was going to win, I'd need to work with him. I sighed as he snorted with anger with his arms crossed. I walked over and held my hand out to him.

"Truce?" I asked.

"Tch," He growled, smacking away my hand. "I'll never be your friend, nor acquaintance, you listen to what I tell you and I'll win, you're just a stepping stone to my victory."

He walked past me shouldering me and making me turn 90 degrees. I squeezed my hand around the hilt of my sword in anger then walked away. I felt someone grab my shoulder stopping me in place. I looked over my shoulder.

The boy behind me had bright blonde hair with dark blue eyes that looked like they were a part of an ocean. I turned towards the boy, he wore a long, black, snake tongue jacket with a clock that hung out of the pocket of his white, formal shirt. I put my sword back in its sheath then looked at the boy who made my heart beat a little too fast for my liking.

"Hi, you must be, Mistral right?" He asked, taking his hand off my shoulder. "I'm Neito Monoma, I can't believe that I'm talking to All Might's daughter right now."

"Oh, um, nice to meet you." I said nervously. "Oh and yeah, I'm Mistral, Mistral Yagi."

"Is that a sword?" He asked, looking at the hilt. "That's so cool."

"Thanks," I smiled at him, looking down at the ground. "It's from my dad, he gets me one every time he thinks I've made progress, in life in general, does that make sense?"

"Yeah, you overthink, don't you?" He asked, a slight chuckle in his voice.

"Often," I mumbled.

"What was Bakugou so mad at you for?" Monama questioned once more. "It's your first day, what did you do?"

"I'm the first quirkless person to ever be in a hero course." I answered, he looked at me blankly. "Apparently you don't know as much as you thought, but yeah, it's true. Surprised?"

"Very, that's another thing that makes you so cool." He chuckled.

"You're in 1-b right? Just making sure." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Yeah, I'll have to be honest but I'm not a fan of 1-A, they're just so famous, we've gotten so little spotlight since the beginning of the year, I just think it's unfair." He muttered.

"Do you know your partner?" I asked, looking around the classes that were all mixed and conversing with each other.

"Sen, he's a friend of mine, ish." He said and slightly frowned.

"You alright?" I wondered as he looked away from me.

"Yeah, the lack friends, I'm a classic case." He sighed. "I'll talk to you later, maybe I could walk you to the dorms?"

"Sure, good luck." I told him.

He walked away to a group of people who were waiting for him but blankly staring at him. He walked past him without saying anything or even looking at them. I turned my attention away from them then looked over at Midoriya who was standing alone. I slightly smirked then walked over to join him.

"Hey Midoriya." I said as he turned to look at me. "Who's your partner?"

"Ochako," He said, looking over at her quickly before she caught his gaze. "How can I be so stupid."

"You are hopeless if you just stare at her." I told him, nudging his elbow. "I may not know many people but I know if someone likes someone else he shouldn't stare at her."

"I swear I try to talk to her but it feels weird when Shoto or Iida isn't there." He mumbled fidgeting with his glove. "You were talking to Monama right?"

"Yeah, he's pretty nice," I told him, tucking hair behind my ear. "I can't believe he doesn't have more friends."

"He has friends, yeah they're kinda forced, but be careful around him, he's known to lie a lot." He said, I shrugged.

"Where's Bakugou?" I asked, looking around the place. "I need to get some information out of him."

"Good luck," He chuckled. "You can try but it won't work, he's over there with Kirishima."

"Cool, thanks." I said.

I walked over to Bakugou with my hand on the hilt of my sword for comfort. I sighed then tapped his shoulder, he glared at me. I knew we weren't going to be fighting any time soon but I still wanted enough time to make up a good plan.

"What do you want?" He demanded, crossing his arms as he turned away from Kirishima towards me.

"You know we'll need a decent plan right?" I asked. "If we don't, we'll get pulverized."

"You know, she's right Bakubro, me and Kaminari have already too." Kirishima said, noticing that he was getting angry.

"Fine, we're up against Kendo and shadow guy, they each have respectable strengths but Kuroiro is the one you need to watch out for more," He told me. "You'll need to occupy him while I take down Kendo so she can't help him, that's how we'll win."

"What are their quirks?" I asked. "Vital information is useful too."

"Kendo is able to make her hands ten times bigger than normal and the other guy is able to sink into the shadows." He growled. "Happy?"

"Very," I snapped.

I walked away from him and heard a sigh from someone off to the side. I looked over at the source of the sigh. I looked over at Monama who was sitting at the river bank. I thought about what Midoriya told me earlier 'he lies a lot' but shrugged it off, he was already being so sweet.

"Monama," I said, walking up behind him. "Do you mind if I sit?"

"No, just don't get your jacket dirty." Monama told me, looking up with kind eyes. "What did you need?"

"Nothing, you were just alone unlike everyone else." I said. "Have you ever been the new kid?"

"No, I've never moved, nor changed schools until U.A." He answered, twirling his thumbs. "Why, oh, right, sorry."

"It's fine," I muttered, looking over my shoulder. "My dad's here, sorry I couldn't stay too long, I'll meet you at the gates later."

I got up then walked over to All Might who stood next to Aizawa with a friendly smile. I poked his shoulder after he finished his conversation with Aizawa. He turned to me and patted my head like he did when I was younger and a lot, still.

"Your cheeks are red," He observed taking his hand off my head. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, just a little excited still," I said as Aizawa cleared his throat.

"You're up Mistral, get Bakugou, Vlad is about to announce it." Aizawa ordered.

I nodded, then looked at Bakugou who was standing with the crowd of students around Vlad King, the teacher of 1-B. I walked over to the end where Bakugou was just so it was a bit more organized. I held my chin confidently high, sure this time would be the time to show U.A what Mistral Yagi had. I took a deep breath as my name and Bakugou's were called, this wasn't going to be too hard.

The gates to the same place me and Bakugou dualed yesterday. I looked over at Kendo and Kuroiro who were also standing side by side in front of Vlad at least 4 feet away from us. Vlad let his team go in first making us the villains of the exercise. I pulled my mask in front of my face as a countdown started and my dominant hand on the hilt of my sword. 10, nine, eight, seven six, five, four, three, two, one!