-Six-

I had been avoiding the club and the guys for a week now. I had kept my head down, worked extra hours, and avoided anything having to do with the MC. Bobby and Mom were being extra nice to me, taking me out to dinner, and letting me have the house to myself.

It was Friday, and I was having a movie night by myself. I had ordered in some chinese food, and put in an old horror movie.

I was halfway through Dead Alive, when I heard an obnoxiously loud car driving up and down the street. I heard it idle outside the house, and dropped to the floor after the first bullet hit the window.

It was a machine gun, and it felt like they would never run out of bullets. I couldn't tell if I was screaming , or just imagined myself screaming.

My body was shaking, but I was too afraid to move because of all the glass, so I just laid there.

I hear footsteps in the kitchen, and my body started to shake violently.

"Oh my god, Adi." Juice said, kneeling down next to me.

"Help me. Please." I said, starting to cry.

"Baby." He said, picking me up carefully, and cradling me in his arms. "You're bleeding. Did you get hit?"

"I think it's the glass." I said pulling a small piece of glass from my hand.

He took me into my room, and into the bathroom. He set me carefully down on the floor, and got down with me. He took a wash cloth and wet it, and helped clean me up.

"We need to take you to the hospital." he said, his face full of concern.

"No. I'm-m fine." I said, shaking my head.

"Please. Let me help you." he said, taking my head in his hands.

"Okay." I said, more tears falling from my eyes. "But not the hospital. Please."

"I won't, but I need to get you safe." he said, cleaning the blood off my hands.

Once all the glass was out, and my hands were bandaged up, Juice packed up a small backpack for me, and told Bobby he was taking me somewhere safe.

Bobby and my mom were out of town for the night, and from the sounds of it, our house wasn't the only place to get hit. They both agreed that the best place to go was to Juice's, since he lived further away, and hide out there until they secured the town again. He packed up my truck, hid his bike away, and we were on our way.

He saw me shivering, so he gave me his hoodie, and pulled me close to him.

The drive out to his place took longer than I remembered. Every loud noise spooked me, and Juice would just hold me tighter in his arms. When we finally made it to his house, he picked up my stuff, then carried me in. He set me down carefully in his bed, and went to get me some water.