-Twenty.Four-

With all of the great luck in my life, I of course had to have surgery on my hand. Not to mention that I came out of anesthesia horribly, so I was spending the night in the hospital. Juice and Jax had promised protection for me, even though they couldn't do it themselves. They had left protection outside my door, or so I had thought.

I had just rested my eyes for a second when a hand slammed down over my mouth. My eyes shot open, only to find Evan standing over me with a wicked smile spreading across his face.

"Adelade. My favorite ex." He said, licking his lips.

I tried to reach for the remote to call the nurse, but he pushed it off the bed.

My eyes brimmed wide with tears, I knew that there was nothing that was going to stop him if he really wanted me. Apparently, seeing me with another guy had sparked his jealous side.

He pushed the knife in his hand against my throat, and I could feel the cold metal against my skin. My breathing labored, and I wanted to desperately to be able to finally fight back against him, but I couldn't. I wasn't strong enough.

"Listen, you're done playing house with that little brown guy, got it? I'll leave you alone, I'll leave their little club alone, but you will not see him anymore. Do you understand me?"

I nodded slowly as he pulled his knife, and hand away.

"But I love him." I said, my voice shaking.

"Then this is the only way for you to protect him." He said, smiling evilly at me.

***

I got out of the hospital the next day, insisted they take me back to my house instead of Juice's place or the club.

"Are you feeling any better, baby?" Juice said, sitting at the end of my bed.

"I'm fine." I said quietly.

"Are you sure?" He asked, scooting closer to me, but I curled up, cradling my hand.

"I need to talk to you." I said, refusing to meet his eyes.

"What's wrong?" He said, looking worried.

"We can't do this anymore." I said, almost not being able to get the words out.

"What?" He said, his eyebrows furrowing.

"It's all just too hard." I lied.

"And it hasn't been from the second we fucking met?" He said, understandably angry. "What happened? What brought this on?"

"Gunshot wounds, broken hands, kidnappings. None of that shit is normal." I said, refusing to look at him.