-Eight-

I laid there wide awake, as Jax slept peacefully. I felt really guilty about what had just happened. For someone who didn't want anything as far as relationship went, I was doing a really shitty job.

Not to mention I felt like a bit of a slut.

But Jax and Juice were only the second and third people I had ever slept with in

my life, and one of those I had known most of my life.

Without waking Jax, I got out of bed, and took his phone from his side table. I slipped my panties back on, and his shirt, and walked out to his backyard. I looked through his phone until I found the contact I wanted.

"Hello?" A groggy voice, filled the line, and I couldn't help but smile a little.

"Hey. It's me." I said, quietly.

"What are you doing with Jax's phone? Is everything okay?" He asked, his voice suddenly not groggy. Almost concerned.

"I'm fine. I'm staying at his place tonight. It's just weird not being with you right now. Guess I had too much fun the last few nights." I said, thinking about 'fun' we had.

"Well you could have always stayed you know." He said, and I could practically hear his smile.

"Yeah, because that would have worked out." I laughed, but silence shortly filled the line.

"I miss you." He said, quietly. "My bed isn't quite the same without you."

"I miss you, too." I said. The guilt of what I had done with Jax was already taking a toll of me, and I didn't want to lie to Juice. "I slept with Jax tonight."

The line got silent again.

"Say something." I said, afraid of choking up.

"I-I can't. I don't like it, but I have no say in what you do." He said. I could hear it in his voice that he was upset.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Why did you call me? To rub it in?" He asked, and the hurt in his voice couldn't be missed.

"I don't know. But I don't want you to be upset with me. When I first got back to town I was extremely upset about being back home, and afraid of what would happen if Evan found me, but now I'm hopeful. Hopeful that maybe this life isn't as scary as I think it is." I rambled.

"I need to think about this." he said, getting quiet again.

"I know."

"Get some sleep, baby." he said, before hanging up.

***

I hadn't heard from Juice in a couple days. He wasn't around the shop when I was there, and he never came with the boys when they came to check on me. It didn't feel fair for him to do this to me, especially when I forgave him for that crow eater he fucked right in front of me.