22. What's happening (2)

Macau Pov

When Hia showed me the folder and asked for an explanation my soul ripped from my body. I know my hia, he can get what he wants. If I don't talk, he will go to phi pete. But where should I start,

<flashback>

After hia ordered me to check Lily's account, I hacked Lily's account within a few minutes because the password is weak. When I tracked the IP address, I was shocked, it showed phi pete name as the wifi name. My heart skipped a beat. How can phi be related to lilly? First, I have to clear myself before informing to hia. So, I told him I needed 2 days and he gave me the space I needed.

After hia left I thoroughly checked the account. Lily started to chat with my hia from the day she created the account itself. It's like she created this account especially to chat with my hia. She didn't accept any other request. And then added phi pete account. If phi pete knows lily then why does he hide it from hia? Who is lilly? She lives with phi pete? But phi pete lives alone, right?

I can't just sit and think, I need to ask phi pete directly before my head explodes.

So, I called phi pete,

[Hi Macau, how are you?]

"I'm fine phi pete? Can we meet?"

[Are you ok Macau, did anything happen to you? Do I need to call Vegas also?] he asked with anxiety.

"No phi. I want to meet you secretly. Don't tell anything to hia. Come to the coffee shop near your condo. I will be there in 1 hour."

[Ok, Macau, drive safely. I can wait for you, no need to rush, ok?]

He's worried about me and cares about me so much.

"Ok phi, we will meet there."

After the call, I immediately took some screenshots and IP location and every single detail that I hacked, with me. Incase phi tries to lie, I can show these to him.

---- At Coffee shop---

When I reached the coffee shop, I could see phi pete already waiting for me. So, I went inside, when he saw me, came and hugged me. This is our first meet but this is not going to be the memorable one, I thought.

"Macau, I order americano for you. That's your favourite right?"

"You know me phi" I was shocked.

"I knew that from your hia. He always talks about you, you know?" He said with happiness.

We just talked randomly. Our order also came.

"What do you need to talk to me about, without your hia? Are you seeing someone? so you need my help huh?"

He looked so excited. How can I tell him, I'm here to investigate lily. But I need to.

"Phi, do you know about lilly?"

He looked pale after I asked him.

"Yes, of course! me and your hia always talk to her via message, you know that right?"

"I know phi. But what I asked is, why is lilly using your condo to message my hia?" he looked scared.

"Macau, what are you talking about? I don't understand"

I explained everything that happened and showed him the evidence that I collected because I don't want to hear any bullshit.

"Now tell me phi, who is lilly? Why is she hiding from hia? Why is she using your internet?"

He takes time and I allow that because I know it's not easy, If someone asks a bulk of questions at one time.

"Macau, can we talk about this in a nearby park? Here we can't talk about that. I need some time to explain to you and you need to be patient to hear everything that I'm going to tell you. You shouldn't judge me when I start to tell you what happened. You can make your decision after I tell you the full story. But you need to hear my full explanation, don't stop me in the middle."