Bonfire

SANDRO's POV

After my District work ay dumirecho na ulit ako sa office ko para magkaroon ng kaunting salo-salo together with my team to celebrate two consecutive days of our successful program. Normally I enjoy this kind of celebration, but now - no! A big NO. Nilibot ko ang mata ko sa paligid to find out na wala pala si Sam dito. Nasaan sya?

I saw Alex but no sign of Sam. So I approached some of my staff to ask where Sam is pero walang nakakita sakanya. Then Matt tapped me from the back.

Matt: Hey looking for someone?

Sandro: Yeah, have you seen Sam?

Matt: Yes I saw her earlier.

Sandro: Saan?

Matt: No I'm just kidding dude. Parang kanina pa sya wala.

Sandro: What the hell Matt. This is no time for a joke.

Matt: Hey chill! Are you drunk?

Sandro: No I am not. Enjoy the night dude I have to go.

Matt: Where you going?

Sandro: I have to find her!

Matt: Mukhang iba na yan ah! (he shouted)

I turn my back on him then wave my hand. So here I am leaving the party just to look for her. Pumasok sa isip ko yung sinabi ni Matt, iba na nga ata to. Wait, do I like her?
I need to do something to confirm this. Masyado naman atang mabilis.

I'm still here sa parking lot, still thinking on what should I do para makabawi kay Sam. I dialed the number of the Saud Beach Resort.

*On the phone

Receptionist: Hi good evening, this is Saud Beach reception how can I help?

Sandro: Hello, this is Sandro Marcos. Do you still make bonfires?

Receptionist: Yes sir. Magpapabook po ba kayo?

Sandro: Yes if possible tonight? Like ASAP?

Receptionist: Sure Sir! Just give us until 8pm po to prepare everything. Do you want to add something po like food and wine?

Sandro: Yeah, sounds good. Thank you.

Receptionist: Noted sir, thank you and see you po!

The call ended.

This may not be a date pero I would like to surprise her para makabawi sa kanya. I want to offer her a position in my team. She can be my Personal Assistant/Scheduler. I know mom will approve this because she trust my judgement. I will talk to her if Sam accepts my offer.

I am now waiting at the lounge of the resort. I texted her na andito ako and she said to wait for her.

After a few minutes I saw her running and wait? Parang nagmamadali sya and she's wearing a terno pajama.

Sam: Hey what are you doing here?

Sandro: Nice outfit.

Then she looked at her clothes and suddenly covered herself with her two arms. I see, she's not aware na she's wearing her pajamas nung bumaba sya dito. It's a good thing that I am wearing my jacket kaya hinubad ko to at pinasuot sakanya.

Sam: Thank you! Sorry, nakapantulog na pala ako. I forgot to change, nataranta kasi ako.

Sandro: No problem. Just wear it muna, come with me.

Sam: Saan tayo pupunta? Kumain ka na ba?

Sandro: Yes, nakakain na ako sa party kanina.

Sam: Good. Saan nga tayo pupunta?

Sandro: Just come and you'll see.

Pumunta kami sa tabing dagat at sa hindi kalayuan ay matatanaw ang isang bonfire and naka ready na rin yung pinahanda ko. Ang swerte dahil kami lang ang tao dito ngayon.

Binati kami ng mga staff ng beach ng makarating kami sa bonfire. Nakita kong nakatulala si Sam.

Sandro: Hey are you ok?

Sam: Ah... Yes! Anong meron?

Sandro: Surprise?

Sam: haha! Mygad Sands you don't have to do this!

Sandro: I have to make bawi because of what happen earlier.

Sam: Ano ka ba! It's just a misundestanding. Sorry rin.

She pouted after she apologizes. Damn! Why she's so cute! Sandro chill ok? You got this.

Sandro: Let's go. Kain tayo.

Sam: Hehe sige. May pa wine ka pa, iinom ba tayo?

Sandro: Yes. I want to celebrate my success with you.

Sam: Congratulations Congressman Sandro Marcos. I'm proud of you, every supporter of yours is very proud of you. Were happy when you are happy in every achievement in your life.

Sandro: Thank you!

Sam: Here, cheers!

Sandro: Btw, do you want to work for me?

Sam: What do you mean?

Sandro: Work with me. I want you to be my personal assistant and my scheduler.

Sam: Qualified ba ako? Need ka pa po ba magsubmit ng resume sir?

Sandro: Haha! Silly! Well, yes please for documentation purposes.

Sam: This position is open until when?

Sandro: There's no deadline. Think about it, take your time. But I actually want it ASAP. You can now send your resignation letter and start your work for me tomorrow.

Sam: Hmm. Sige, give me until tomorrow. So when I start working for you, what should I call you?

Sandro: Just my name, I'm fine with it. If ever you accept this post, you have to extend your stay for another week. Sabay tayong babalik sa Manila.

Sam: Parang hindi na ako makakatanggi sayo. Haha! Besides pagod na rin talaga ako so work ko ngayon so I think this is the sign. Count me in tomorrow!

Sandro: Wow that was fast! Thank you so much!

Sam: Ako nga ang dapat mag thank you sayo. Haha!

There's a few minutes of silence.

Sandro: Sam?

Sam: Hmm?

Sandro: Do you have a boyfriend?

Sam: Ha? ...... hahahahaha! mukha bang meron?.

Sandro: I'm not sure.

Sam: Wala Sands. Di ba matagal na? Simula ng magkaron ako ng anak.

Sandro: Yeah right.

Our conversation continues and I'm enjoying this. Since naubos na namin yung wine, nag order pa ako ng cocktail. We take some shots and pareho na kaming tipsy. Ilang baso na ba lahat yun?

Hindi ko alam kung anong pumasok sa isip ko at bigla ko sya hinalikan sa labi. And of course her normal reaction is nabigla sya. She took 1 shot of cocktail and bottoms up! So I did the same. I have this feeling na I don't want to stop.

So I kissed her again and this time our kisses deepened. Hindi na sya tumutol at sinabayan ako. I cupped her face while were kissing. Naamoy ko yung alak sa bibig nya and her perfume, lalo akong nalalasing.

What did you do to me Samantha. I think I'm falling.........

*Kinikilig na ba ang lahat? 😁