chapter 25

"What's on your mind Steph."I asked as watch Annabelle and her grandma laugh and talk over on the sofa while Stevie and me stood outside looking in.

"Just how lucky I am to have this again."I smile softy.

"Yeah, it's nice."he smiles warmly. I was emotional as my daughter and mom reunited. I smile to myself as my mother told Annabelle how much she looked like me at that age. It melted my heart I never thought in a million years that I would have this again a family.

〰️〰️〰️〰️
Two months later....

"Annabelle,told me you were down here and you wanted to talked."She said as She made her way into my studio. I was a bit nervous about letting her hear the song I wrote about her. I was finally done with it and now it just need her to hear it and hopefully put her voice on it will make it more complete.

"Yeah,have a sat."I smile softly as she seat beside. I could tell she was curious as to what I wanted.

"So."She said.

"I um wanted to have your opinion on a song a wrote. It's not complete just yet. It missing something and I want you to hear it before I ask you."I stumble a bit with my words.

"Oh okay. Let's hear it."She smiles softly as I hit the play button. It was just me singing along with my guitar.

My heart was pounding in chest as I watched her and felted her emotionally. It's weird how two people who have been apart for years still have this strong connection.

My eyes were consumed By the silence in the room

Your dreams would not wake
From the words that we break

Hello, hello, sad angel
Have you come to fight the war
The drums, a fire, a calling
My soul marches out the door
We fall to earth together
The crowd calling out for more
Hello, hello, sad angel
Have you come to fight the war

My eyes saw the words
With a prayer and a curse
Your pain had to sleep
With a sword that it keeps

Hello, hello, sad angel

Have you come to fight the war
The drums, a fire, a calling
My soul marches out the door
We fall to earth together
The crowd calling out for more
Hello, hello, sad angel
Have you come to fight the war

Hello, hello, sad angel
Have you come to fight the war
The drums, a fire, a calling
My soul marches out the door
We fall to earth together
The crowd calling out for more
Hello hello, sad angel
Have you come to fight the war
Come to fight the war

Hello, hello, hello
Hello, hello, hello
Hello, hello, hello
Hello, hello, hello
Hello, hello, hello
Hello, hello, hello

As the song come to an end we seat there in silence for a few minutes before she finally spoke.

"That song is about me."she raspy asked as I turned around in my set to face her with tears in her eyes. I sighed deeply.

"I wrote it not to long go. It just come to me. I saw everything you went through over the years and now with Mick it come to me that you where a sad angel but You fight the war of your demons and win. Now you're a stronger. You're the Steph I knew when we we're younger with big dreams ahead of us and I've missed the real you and I see so much more in you now than before. You are an amazing mother to Jess and now you are with our daughter."I sincerely said as I stood up and whipped away her tears.

"Oh Linds."She cried as I cupped her face and stared deeply into her eyes.

"I forgive you."I smile warmly as she stare in my eyes searching. I placed a gentle kiss on her lips as her breath hitched.

"Y...you mean that."She horsey whispered against our lips.

"Yes I do."I said as I deepen the kiss.

"Annabelle,also had a part of the song."I smile softly as she whipped away her tears with a tissue.

"She did."She asked.

"She come up with the lines My eyes saw the words
With a prayer and a curse
Your pain had to sleep
With a sword that it keeps."I grin as she started to sniffing again.

"She is differently our kid."she smile warmly through her tears.

"She also had the idea of you singing on it."I said as she grins.

"Do you want me too."She smiles.

"It would make the song completely. I already know the how I want to sound and everything. We just need to get our voices together and a band."I said.

"Yes,I would love to sing on it."she grins as she walked closer to me and stood on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me down into a breath taking kiss as I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her even closer to me.

"Bella,their kissing their kissing."I groan as we both looked to see Jess running back up the stairs to Annabelle standing at the top of the stairs with a smirk.

I hope this chapter is okay 🤞🏻 thanks for reading and voting❤️