Ch 60: A wonderful odor!

Matilda's pov

What's this smell? A wonderful odor!

I smelled his cologne before I saw him. It drifted in on the breeze like an aroma beckoning me forward. My heart skipped a beat when I realized he was here, in my house. He hugged me from the back, wrapping his arm around my waist and in return I rested my head on his chest, assuring myself that my man is right beside me.

I turned to him and yeah, we started making out. I don't know if I forgot the omelet on the stove but ofc Marco found out so he shut it. We carried on making up for the days we spent without seeing each other and here when dad broke into the kitchen and saw us in that position.

So embarrassing but anyway French people don't care.

Things become complicated. Dad isn't satisfied with my fiance. He didn't want Marco to be my future husband which made me a bit upset. I know Marco won't give up and I see how hard he is trying to control his anger and rudeness to not hurt me but he failed in the end. He proved every little point of my dad's opinion and this will make us struggle more.

I was sleepless when Dad was sound asleep in his room. I got out of my room, prepared a coffee while processing what we should do to convince my family. I want so much to see Marco right now. I walked with my naked feet to the balcony to be faced with a cold breeze so I just closed it and stood in front of it, having my coffee and gazing at the calm street. This calm is so weird.

I was digging deeply in my thoughts till I got distracted with a silhouette appearing on the window's glass behind me with a creepy smile. Every gut and muscle of my body seemed to come unwound. My hair stood up. My eye sockets seemed to be expanding and my eyeballs contracting, as if my head were trying to turn into a skull. Every inch of my skin broke out in gooseflesh. I shook the fear away and turned around inspecting the living room.

" Papa? Papa, are you awake?" I called, nothing but silence answered me.

I sighed with relief. It's nothing! I am hallucinating. I turned back to the window and looked out, watching the empty street and pale light around it.

Plink! Plink!

I jumped at the sudden sound then calmed my nerves as I recognized this holy sound. It's the sound of water dropping, drop by drop. This is getting more and more terrifying!

I feel someone watching me!

I flinched at the sound, coming from my room, of my phone ringing. The heck! I am not used to getting scared in my own house. I put the coffee on the side table and here, with the corner of my eyes, I saw someone's feet peeking through the wall.

Hmm, so interesting! I grabbed my cup, opened the balcony door quickly and got out. I peeked from the glass and I saw three men coming. I looked around to see what I can use to defend myself.

One of them got out but he didn't see me as I was gumming to the wall, he looked down to see if I jumped from here. Stupid!

The second joined too, getting out from the door, slowly as he was covering the first one. He got out, pointing his gun in my direction.

" Là-bas! Quelle pute!"

( Here! What a bitch!)

And as soon as he said this I poured my hot coffee on his face. He screamed in pain. The first one turned and tried to hit me but quickly I hit him with the mug, causing it to break over his head, he felt dizzy.

I pushed him down the balcony to the street. The other one gave me a punch to my face. I pulled his arm and hit him on his neck with my elbow, making him fall to his knee.