Ch 25: Grab a switch from the garden

Luke's pov

I felt someone tapping on my face as I slowly opened my eyes to See grandpa shaking me worried as fuck

" Oh Lucas finally." He said as he hugged me then pulled away and stated sternly, raising his finger to my face, " You are in big trouble young man."

I slowly realized all that has happened so far and gave him a shuddered response due to the tone he used with me, " Sorry grandpa."

" You will be once we are home." He said as he stood up

Am I in trouble? I guess in a huge one. Ugh I feel so tired suddenly, I haven't rested a bit the whole day and now this. But of course someone wanted to prioritize his curiosity over rest so here we are.

I stood up silently, it was still pitch dark around here. I am feeling so nervous and to be honest yet so curious about what has been happening and who were they.

" Sit in the car, I'm coming." He commanded

Nodding in return. I went to the car thinking how I would teleport myself back to LA and remove it all from his memory.

Stupid!

I don't know why the hell my thoughts are so weird at times.

If I'm in shit here, will I be in deep shit back at home too?

I hope not, protect me dear lord.

He went to his man, who I assume was his right hand and gave his instructions then came back. He sat next to me as the driver started the car.

" You okay, son?" He asked me as he pulled my head to his chest and started rocking me.

" Yes grandpa."

Is it the greatest time to ask about the whole thing?

I don't think so. Not now.

" Calm down and rest till we get home." He kissed my forehead

I nodded still thinking about those Spanish words the men were saying and what did the man sprayed on my face?

I rested in his embrace until we reached home. When I heard the car engine stop, grandpa tapped my shoulder to let me up and I did. We both got in as I made my sheepish way following him from behind

" You have to sleep then tomorrow morning we will talk." Grandpa said to me

" Sorry grandpa, good night."

" Goodnight, buddy."

I went to my room still feeling so weird. I changed my clothes, hopped on the bed and slept right away.

The next morning 10 am™

I'm in my room sitting on the bed. Grandpa was sitting in front of me silently as his eyes were piercing on me thoughtfully.

I didn't dare to look at him and his laser eyes digging hole in my head which was hung down with eyes admiring the floor of the room.

" How did you get there? And why did you do it?" He asked with a calm tone mixed with anger

" I hid in the trunk of the car.... Behind yours because I overheard you talking with your men so... I got curious." I mumbled the last part

It is as much stupid as it sounds. But isn't it similar to the saying, curiosity killed the cat? Like I'm almost dead already too.

" Really CURIOUS? Okay fine that you followed me... Why on earth did you enter the building?"

" Same reason." I said ashamed to even look up