Ch 75: Las Vegas

Peter's pov

I woke up from a nightmare, panting, sweating, and my heart pounding. I felt so scared and alone in the darkness. My body trembled with fear and my mind raced with thoughts.

But then I heard the sound of my mother's voice, so gentle and comforting like a warm blanket that I could wrap myself in. " Chillax, Pete, I am here."

I nodded as my body slowly started to relax, and my fear dissipated, as she stroked my hair and whispered soothing words, and told me that everything was okay.

I closed my eyes and snuggled into her, grateful for her presence and the way she always seemed to know what I needed. I felt so safe and secure, like nothing could ever hurt me when I was in her arms.

Close to her heart, I could feel the love she had for me, and I knew that no matter what, she would always be there for me.

My eyes grew heavy and I drifted off to sleep, with my mother's arms still around me. She kissed my forehead and wished me sweet dreams.

Time skip™

I woke up again but this time to go to school. Nico somehow woke up early and was trying to get me out of the bed. " C'mon, Pete, you have school."

I didn't move an inch and begged silently for him to leave me alone i don't feel like waking up nor seeing anyone

" Peter Ace, get up, little honey, little pizza." He said as he opened the curtains and the window

" Ugh! Nicoo!" I whined angrily, covering my eyes with my hands from the cruel sunlight. " Leave me alone for God's sake."

" Why leave you, little sunshine?" He asked literally yelling as he pulled my hands

" Shut up. Why are you so loud? And leave me." I said as I jerked his hands away

" What's up with the attitude?" He said ass he leaned and kissed my forehead

" I am just tired, sorry."

I felt really bad! He was really nice and I just acted like a brat

" I don't want to go today. Can I stay home?" I mumbled

Please say yes.

" Are you sick?" He asked as he felt my forehead," Nah, you are okay."

" I am, but I don't wanna go, please." I said pulling my blanket over my head

I don't want to talk or see anyone today. If I tell him that he will just see how spoiled and lazy I am. I don't want him to think that of me even if it is kinda true. I am not the best brother on earth.

" So can I rest today, Nico, please? I promise I am not going to sneak out or break any rules. I just feel tired and I have a stomachache." I said trying to convince him

" Yes, you can stay home. Just a note you are not good at lying, kiddo." He winked at me

" Lying?" I laughed nervously

" Hmm, trying to lie again? As you are staying at home, you can do a punishment too."

" No, I am good."

" Wanna tell me what's wrong? Why do you actually want to stay home?"

" Just I don't feel like going to school." I mumbled looking at my lap and feeling so stupid saying that.

Why do you act as if the world revolves around you, stupid shit

He kissed my forehead once again and stated," Life can be overwhelming and there are times when we just need a break. It's perfectly understandable. You don't need to feel guilty if you decide to stay home for a day. Just make sure you catch up on any work you may have missed. In fact, taking the time to focus on yourself and prioritize your own mental health can be beneficial in the long run."