10.

"So... Can I have your phone number?"

Brianna laughed at Yuzuru's antics, quickly squeezing in the question like that.

"Very subtle Hanyu."

She went to her bag, got a piece of paper and a pen, and proceeded to write it down for him.
Handling the small paper to the man staring at her she added "I prefer text".

"me too" was all he said before Ghislain called, presumably to end the practice, given the time.

The kids all seemed ecstatic after the session, and the older coach seemed great, knowing exactly what each of them needed to perfect their jumps.

Brianna watched from the distance the image of the kids going to the locker room and Ghislain instantly joking with Yuzuru, ruffling his hair while they laughed.

Yuzuru knew that Ghislain always had an eye on him, so it was no surprise when he asked about Brianna when they finished.

"So, Brianna huh? You disappeared to talk with her the whole session, I was starting to think you only invited me to have time for your little date"

"Don't start, she's a friend"

"A friend you like a lot..."

"Doesn't matter, she doesn't like me that way"

"hum... I don't know. You have to turn on those flirting skills, she's a good one"

"I'm terrible, that's Javi's territory"

"I always forget you never had to try. Girls always fell at your feet."

"you make me sound like a playboy." Yuzuru whined, making them both laugh. Ghislain ruffled his hair jokingly.

"No, you're too nice for that. But don't deny that you never had problems having girls in your bed"

"Can we not, please?"

"Okay, let's talk about Brianna"

He turned around and left the ice, like a kid frustrated with something. Brianna watched him put his skate guards while Ghislain laughed like a crazy man and left the ice too.

Yuzuru went to Brianna and leaned against the rink next to her.

"Everything okay?" she asked him with a smile.

"yes, Ghislain just enjoys seeing me squirm"

"I heard that! Don't think I don't understand you." the older coach said.
"Have you invited Brianna already?"

Yuzuru looked at him with an enquiring look, not understanding what he was referring to.

"To what?" he asked.

"Our dinner, of course. I think she should come" The murderous look in Yuzuru's eyes would scare most people, but not his old coach. "Don't give me the Hanyu glare. I'm immune to it, my boy. Yuzuru's place, 7 pm. We're ordering so don't worry about his cooking"

"huh, I don't think..."

"You don't have to come. Only if you want."

"I..."

"Come on... It will be fun"

Brianna looked at Yuzuru, silently asking what he thought, she knew this had been forced on him. A simple nod was enough.

"I will need the address." she said finally, bringing a huge smile to Ghislain's face.

"I'll pick you up, no need for you to come alone." Yuzu said, remembering her fears "Can you be ready at 6:30?"

"Sure... If that's okay for you"

A few hours later, Brianna was in her room, pacing around trying to decide what to wear when Mary came in.

"Kaori told me you were going out for dinner..."

"Of course she did"

"So..."

"What?"

"Who are you going out with? Is it Yuzu?"

"Are you serious right now?

"What?"

"Are you trying to set us up?"

"No." Mary started. "I don't expect anything... Please, don't do anything like Hiro"

"It is Yuzuru, but not a date"

"Sure not"

"Ghislain is going to be there, not a date"

"Whatever... What are you wearing?"

"That's what I'm trying to decide"

"Let me help... Definitely a dress or skirt..."

The girls went through some of the clothes Brianna brought with her on the last visit to her house. She tried on a variety of different dresses, with Mary carefully judging each one.

They settled on a dark blue long-sleeve mini dress with a v-neckline that accentuated her waist.

"It will look perfect with heels"

"This is a dinner at his place with a friend, they are ordering food and you think I should wear heels?"

"Yes, absolutely. Makes your legs look great!"

Brianna groaned but went with her sister's suggestion. Wearing some matching dark blue pumps. She matched the outfit with a long warm black coat since it was quite cold outside.

Despite Mary's efforts, her sister refused on makeup.
"This is not a gala, it's a friendly dinner. There's no way I will overdo it even more"

"Fine..."

Not long after, the doorbell rang and Mary rushed down the stairs to greet Yuzuru.

"Hey Yuzu, what a surprise. Is everything okay?"

Yuzuru laughed at his friend.

"Mary, you don't fool anyone. You know why I'm here."

"I never thought you would invite my sister over before inviting me... I'm hurt"

"You want to come?"

"No, no... Just saying"

"I'll make sure to invite you next time"

"I have too much to do, keep inviting Bri"
Yuzuru was about to answer when he saw Brianna walking down the stairs, as beautiful as ever, he was so used to seeing her in tracksuits that he was always stunned whenever she wore something else. "You can close your mouth now" Mary joked.

"Shut up." he said quietly.

"Hey Yuzu... Mary, you can go now."

"Okay kids, behave..." the older sister said before disappearing into the house before any of them said anything.

"Hi Bri, you look amazing"

"Thank you"

Yuzuru's car played a Rock playlist that made her smile.

"Did you create this playlist on purpose?" she asked with curiosity.

"Maybe..."

They both shared small smiles for the duration of the trip. Brianna hummed to some of the lyrics, enjoying herself. Yuzuru's house was about 10 minutes away, so they soon found themselves at their destination.

"Before we go, I just wanted to apologize. Ghislain shouldn't have dragged you here, but I hope you enjoy the evening either way"

"Don't worry, he's a nice guy and I like spending time with you. It's hardly a sacrifice."

"Good, I feel better knowing that. Let's go inside before it gets even colder"