46.

Sometimes, the best thing that can happen to a couple is a tragedy. In their case, it made them stronger than ever. Brianna had almost dropped her job as she assumed more and more roles in the production of his show. More often than not, she had incredible ideas that he would have never considered until that point.

She was still developing software but was now attending Yuzuru's meetings and giving her input on pretty much everything. His sponsors loved her, Kimiko loved her ideas for the ice projections and it got to a point where he even allowed her to edit the video.

It was incredibly fun to go through tons of videos of his library to build the story he wanted to tell. She hadn't seen a lot of them and it was almost funny to find out how he was as a teen and how much he changed through the years.

They had plenty of giggle sessions over teenage Yuzu.

After a few months of trying, the couple was getting frustrated by the lack of results in the efforts to get pregnant. It certainly wasn't due to a lack of trying. Ever since Yuzuru overcame the fear of hurting her after everything, they had made up for the lost time.

They were even considering seeking out a fertility expert, the only thing stopping them was Mary telling them to calm down and allow Brianna's body to recover properly before thinking there was some type of problem.

Eventually, they let it go, deciding to just go through the wedding and the show and then think a bit more about it.

Three months to go and Brianna enjoyed messing with Yuzuru's practice sessions, making fun of how serious he often was during certain programs and the contrast of the real Yuzu.

Two months to go and Brianna understood just how much work he did outside of skating. She was just exhausted with it all. It was hard to explain why, but the most basic of tasks made her tired. They deemed it was probably due to overworking. Deep down, the girl's instinct told her it was something else.

One month to go and all the wedding plans were in full force. Everything was pretty much settled and all Yuzu and Bri had to do was show up and go along with it. His show was organized and meticulously planned too, all that was left was the fine-tuning and actual skating training.
Brianna by now knew the reason she had been so tired, she kept it to herself for now. She had it figured out after two weeks and was still trying to process the information. They had far too much going on to add yet another thing.

The week of the wedding was chaotic, turns out that not everything was settled, they had to change bands suddenly, the temple where they were supposed to have the ceremony had to be changed a week before and too many other things they didn't account for. All of that while Yuzuru had constant travels to Tokyo in order to get everything settled for the show.

Brianna was tired, moody, and sick of it all. Once again she was thankful that the event wasn't for them. They had their peaceful moment a year prior and didn't have to go through half of the stress or problems to get married.

She couldn't even thank Yumi or Mary enough, they fixed every single problem that came their way with efficacy by having backup plans for pretty much everything.

A last-minute visit to Satomi was needed for dress adjustments. Brianna had loved her marriage dress so much that she figured she would be the best choice for the actual wedding. They had a few resizing to do, nothing too crazy and it was already expected. This time she was going full gown with an intricate top and simpler skirt. The initial plans of a mermaid silhouette gown had to be changed along the way, Brianna opting for a slightly fuller skirt that started on her waist.
In combination with that dress, she was also wearing a traditional kimono for the temple ceremony, she had bought that one from one of the specialized stores, not risking any offense to the Japanese culture.

Yuzuru also had two outfits planned. Being a man things were fairly easy. A fitted suit for the reception party, similar to the one he used in their marriage, and a traditional kimono his mother dragged him to buy for the ceremony. Yumi had informed him that Brianna was going with a similar plan and agreed to it almost immediately. Truth be told, at the time he didn't even have the strength to fight any of his mother's propositions.

He had his show to focus on, the black marks on his thighs showed the results of the intense practice sessions he was putting his body through.
Yumi saw them, scolding him immediately with something along the lines of 'Is that what you will show to your wife?' she had asked in the final suit fitting. Yuzuru didn't resist joking about the situation 'You do realize Brianna sees these almost every day? I mean, you do know we have sex?' he asked his mom with a coy smile only to be hit at the back of his head by her scolding hand. He was almost asking for it with the jokes.

The day before the wedding, his mother forced him out of his own house, saying it was bad luck to sleep in the same bed prior to the wedding and that he shouldn't see her until they were at the ceremony.
He tried to refuse, looking forward to spending the night with her warmth, but his mother was hard to fight and he was dragged to his parent's house with a pout on his face, leaving Bri with their house for herself.

Yuzuru didn't resist video calling her once he was in his childhood room, he couldn't sleep without seeing her face, it was something they figured too early in the relationship.
They spoke in hushed tones so he wouldn't be found out for about an hour, never saying their goodbyes.

Brianna and Yuzuru fell asleep while video calling together, hearing each other's deep breaths and not caring about turning it off.