34.

They expected Mary's interest in all the wedding planning but didn't predict just how hard it would be to avoid her continuous nagging.

Brianna's sister wanted her hands on every single detail. It was clear that if she was the deciding everything, it would've been a huge wedding, far from what they wanted.

Truth be told, none of them wanted a huge guest list besides their close family but between Yuzuru's mother's requests for a traditional Japanese wedding and Mary's insisting on an extravagant thing, their opinions were hard to apply.

Between all the venue plans, flower choices to even seating arrangements, Brianna and Yuzuru were sick of it all. It all seemed to take more planning than his Ice Shows. Taking the time to plan everything was consuming more of their time than their actual jobs.

To a couple who merely wanted to be married with all the fuss, doing this for their families was starting to get a bit ridiculous and exhausting.

After a month of planning, a date had been set almost a year in distance, with a huge beautiful venue being booked. They wondered who they would even invite to even justify such a place, but eventually gave up on fighting their families on the subject.

Brianna and Yuzuru were currently lying on their couch for the first time that week, his arms wrapped around her body as they cuddled while watching a random program on the TV. Between their jobs and all the planning, moments like these were getting harder and harder to get so they enjoyed every second they had.

Sitting like this was a blessing that they once took for granted. He kissed the top of her head as he mindlessly caressed her arms, waist, and legs. His hands had a mind of their own as he merely enjoyed touching her and feeling her presence.

"Is it weird that I'm hating the whole process of planning our wedding?" She eventually asked in a fearful tone.

"You're not the only one, I'm almost ready to kill my mom and I love her"

"I want to kill Mary"

Yuzuru laughed at her words as he kept his caresses.

"It will be over eventually"

"We have a whole year left, do you think they'll manage to always give us stuff to do for the whole year?"

"Don't challenge them"

"I guess I finally understand those couples that decide to elope" she said with a laugh.

"Tell me about it"

They were in silence for a while with their thoughts when eventually they looked at each other, both with eager looks.

"I have a very stupid idea" he told her with a huge grin.

"You know they would kill us"

"They don't have to know..."

"Huh?"

"I just really want to be married to you... I didn't expect them to make us book a date so far away" he said with a pout.

"I know"

"So we could in theory get married legally without anyone knowing and just do the wedding stuff on the date they planned"

"Would it even work out?"

"Traditional Japanese weddings are a religious ceremony, we would have to do the legal one separately anyway"

"You want to have a wedding a whole year after getting married?"

"We both know we are doing the wedding stuff for them, not for us"

"Are we really considering this?"

"It wouldn't be us if there wasn't a crazy idea in the middle of it all"

"I have a feeling that if we do get married now, the whole wedding planning will become way less interesting."

"We just have to let them do whatever they want, use work as an excuse or something."

"So...when should we?"

"I'll check my schedule" he said with a laugh.

"Let's see, you train at night, besides any meetings you might have there isn't that much you have to check" she said, tickling the man holding her.

"Bri! Don't!" He whined, warning the girl to stop. He hated tickles.

"Maybe one of these next weekends, before my show. I need to check with my team but it would be nice if we could take a few days for us"

"Like a Honeymoon?" She giggled.

"It would be nice" he said, resuming the caresses on her legs "We could use some time alone without all of this mess"

Brianna got up and turned around, straddling his thighs and kissing his lips.
"You could just say you miss this" she said with a smirk as she rocked her hips against his teasingly.

"Don't blame me, it's been a while" he said, voice already a bit rough.

"Let's blame your mom and my sister"

"We could go to the ryokan again, you loved the Onsen"

"You seemed to enjoy it too"

"Oh, I did..." He captured her lips again, biting her lower lip slightly. "It was beautiful too, would be a good venue for our ceremony"

Her face turned a bit panicked "Shit, you just reminded me! I need a dress... You have to give me time to find something before we schedule anything"

"Just wear something you have around, I'm not picky. I'll wear one of my fitted suits you enjoy so much"

"No no, it should be new. If we are doing it like this I want it to be special."

"The idea is to take it off after either way" he said with a smirk.

"We need rings too, I love these but..." Yuzuru silenced her with his lips.

"Stop overthinking, baby"

"But we still need a bit of planning"

"Tomorrow"

"Hum" she moaned as he hardened beneath her.

They kept their movements teasingly, enjoying the friction it gave them. Eventually, it became too much, Yuzu grabbed her thighs, wrapping them around his body, and stood up.

For the first time in a few weeks, they enjoyed moments of intimacy they had been too tired to even think about, getting completely lost in each other's bodies.