20.

Arriving home felt incredible that day. He was ready to sulk on the couch until Brianna arrived, she could certainly cheer him up. When he opened the door and found the lights on, a grin spread across his face. Giving her the key was certainly a good move.

"Bri?" he said loud enough to be heard across the house.

"Kitchen"

He took his shoes off and jacket and headed towards the kitchen. Brianna was setting the table, boxes of ordered food on the counter.

"Hey beautiful, this is a very nice surprise" he looked at the gorgeous figure in oversized clothes that he recognized as his and wondered how he was this lucky.

"Hi handsome, I was planning to cook but you need to get groceries. I ordered from your favourite place"

Yuzuru kissed her passionately. Coming home to her was worth the terrible day he had.

"I love having you here like this, arriving home to you all cozy and comfortable in my clothes"

"They are warm" she told him in between kisses.

"And yours to wear"

"How was Suzuki-san?"

"Let me guess, Kaori?"

"I heard what Kao said to her, she's crazy"

"But she's right. Himari seems to think she can boss around whoever she wants"

"I heard her saying you were allowed to take her to dinner and wanted to laugh. Then I was freaking jealous when she touched you, but I knew you were suffering more than me. What's her deal?"

"Hum...we..."

"Slept together?" she asked looking into his surprised eyes. "It's okay Yuzu, I know you're not a virgin"

"At Pyeongchang, a one-night kind of thing, that I made clear because I had no interest in dating"

"She seems to think you have interest now"

"That is what I don't understand. She has been ignoring me since I lost to Nathan in Saitama. Every single event I was at she distanced herself. Not that I cared, but I don't understand why she's suddenly all over me."

"Maybe she just realized that you're more famous than the sport itself and wants a bit of the fame?"Yuzuru looked at Brianna with a raised brow. "What? Your fans have quite an assortment of lists and pieces of information that prove that"

"You are following a few of my fans on Twitter aren't you?"

"I'm a fan, I need to be part of the community" Yuzuru laughed, this woman was truly one of a kind.

"I don't know what she wants, but it bothers me that she thinks I'm that easy to manipulate"

"She clearly doesn't know my smart Yuzu" Brianna pulled him to her again and kissed his lips " You know, I expected to get jealous around you often, but not with you being even more pissed than me"

Yuzuru laughed and hugged her body tightly. "I knew you could cheer me up"

They started eating while the TV served as background noise.

"Besides that dreaded woman, the kids seem to be getting better and better"

"They are great, and work hard. If all classes were like that I could see myself coaching more"

"You have other stuff to do first. I don't see you just coaching in a long time and you need a lot of time to prepare for your shows."

"Yes! Besides, this way I have no need to follow anyone to competitions" he laughed "Poor kids, the attention and focus on them would be too bad"

"Good thing you don't have to worry about it any time soon" she said as she got up from her seat and went next to him, settling on his lap.

"Well, hello" he said with a grin.

"Hey"

Brianna kissed his lips innocently.

"Can I help you with something?"

"You can" she said, kissing him again, bringing his hands to her hips. "Unless you're tired" She stopped her actions, teasing him.

"No no" he attacked her lips once again. "God, you're incredible"

The sudden sound of the doorbell scared them, and Brianna almost jumped on his lap.

"Waiting for someone?"

"No, but I have to check who it is. Sorry"

"It's okay" she said, getting up from him and sitting across from where he was once again. Brianna saw him adjust himself slightly before getting up and laughed.

The doorbell rang again and Yuzuru rushed "Coming, coming".

He was stunned for a while and finally uttered.
"Okasan? What are you doing here?"

"I haven't seen you in 3 weeks Yuzuru, and we live in the same city"

Brianna examined the exchange carefully, she could see how similar he was to his mom.

"You could have called"

"I need permission to see you now?"

"No mama, I'm always happy to see you. Come in."

From the hallway, the woman clearly spotted the third figure in the house that was now standing.

"I see why you didn't want me here. Are you going to introduce me?" The older lady said with a knowing smile.

"Ah.. yes, of course. Bri, this is my mom. Mom, this is Brianna, my girlfriend."

Bri could see the way her eyes widened by the casual way he said that. "Really? Finally a real girlfriend?"

"Mama..."

"It's a pleasure to meet you"

"The pleasure is mine, Mrs. Hanyu"

"Call me Yumi, and tell me the secret"

"Secret?"

"Yes, because my son never dates seriously."

The younger girl laughed, she already loved his mom, she could see how easygoing the older lady was. It was clear they would get along without problems.

Not long after, the three were in deep conversation. Yumi enjoying to know how they started dating and taking the time to tell her all sorts of stories from Yuzuru's childhood. He was embarrassed but enjoyed seeing the two women get along so well.

"Well, this has been lovely. I'm very sorry to have interrupted your night"

"It's okay, Mrs...Yumi" Brianna corrected after a look from Yuzu's mom. "I enjoyed this"

They stood and Yuzuru accompanied his mom to the door.

"Please do show up once in a while. Your father misses you too"

"Okay"

"And bring her"

"Mama..."

"I like her Yuzu, she's a good one"