Chapter 16

Siddharth was in his apartment, laying syraight on his bed while staring the bracelet in his hold. The bracelet was swinging gently. A smile came on his face seeing the bracelet which belonged to Avneet.

He was smiling when suddenly Avneet's voice echoed in his ear and his smile faded away

"No one deserves sadness, suffering. I don't know about anyone else but yeah. You don't deserve it. You deserve happiness, a lot of happiness in your life."

"I will be waiting for you."

Sidd's pov

Why she is wishing and waiting for me to join her office? Should I again join her office or not? I am so confused. What if something like that again happens then? But she has known the truth.

Ugh what to do?

Pov ends.

His eyes again caught the bracelet. He got up, sitting on the bed with the bracelet resting on his palm. He was tears in his eyes.

Sidd (in mind): Why am I falling for her knowing that she just have sympathy for me nothing else. At the time when I will need her trust, she also won't believe me and why will she be interested in me who is left with nothing. Being a business woman, why she is stepping close to me? No, she doesn't have feelings for me. It's just sympathy which I deserve.

He wiped his tears with his hand harshly.

Sidd (to himself): I won't join her office again. No, I won't.

He said looking at the bracelet but then fisted his hand with the bracelet inside his hand. He was in dilemma which anyone could say just by seeing him but he also knew one thing, her closeness can create a big trouble for him.

***************

Avneet who was standing in her balcony was smiling to herself. Her hairs flying in the direction of air while she was continuously smiling.

Avu (whispering to herself): I have started falling for you Siddharth. You have changed me, you have changed the arrogant Avneet inside me.

She glanced at the sky inhaling the fragrance of flowers in the dark of night. That's when, she felt someone's presence behind her. She turned to find her father standing there with a smile on his face. She tensed wondering if he had heard it. He paced near her.

Avu's dad: You are standing here at this time, anything bothering you?

Avu (tugging her hair behind her ear, tensing): No dad, its nothing like that.

Avu's dad (smiling facing the sky): looks like my daughter is has grown up and thats why she have started hiding things from me.

Avu (suddenly): No dad, its nothing like that.