Chapter 56

After a few days,

It was evening time, Vaishu was standing there in the kitchen beside the oven, frying the chicken popcorn for Sam while her attention was all on someone else. She was so deeply lost in her world that the shore of boiling oil was also not heard by her. Only one question and its answer were ringing in her mind.

"Do you think it's easy?"

"As a businesswoman, I know nothing is hard maybe. It depends on you, either you make it hard for you or easy. Give him a chance as he did. Believe in him once again."

Her mother's words also affected her a lot.

"Think about it Vaishu, you are not single. You also have a daughter. Not you but she might need her dad in future. Think about her future and when he is truly guilty when they don't you give him a chance?"

That's when a drop of oil was dropped on her hand causing her to come out of her overthinking. She immediately hissed and dropped the metal spoon in the pan. That was the moment Abhi passed from there and he quickly rushed towards her. He quickly held her hand while she was left astonished, wondering about his presence.

Abhi (examining the wound, mad): Vaishu, what have you done? Can't you see and cook?

Vaishu was shocked to see his reaction. After a long time, she felt his love but unfortunately, now she is not used to it. She quickly dragged her hand out of his hand.

Vaishu (looking at a wound): Don't worry about me, I am used to it.

Abhi held her by her waist and made her sit on the slab, turning off the stove. As soon as Vaishu felt his touch, she yelled, hitting him on his chest.

Vaishu (yelling): Have you gone mad? Your arm hasn't fully recovered yet and you are holding me. Do you even have a brain?

Abhi smiled looking down with tears in his eyes. That's when Vaishu realized she was acting like a wife.

Abhi (looking at her, happy tears): scold more, please! I missed it so much. It feels like home.

Vaishu went quiet. That's when Abhi held her hand in his tight grip. It ran shivers down her spine. His warm touch after so long felt like heaven. It was making her weak.

Abhi (whispering): I know whatever happened wasn't supposed to happen but happened because of my stupidity. I accept it but I cannot bear your ignorance anymore. I don't know my time but like this, I will surely die.......

A hand on his mouth zipped his tongue. He looked up to see her eyes held tears as if it was her weak point as always. She can bear anything but this, nah it is beyond anything.

Vaishu (shaking her head, tears and softness in her voice): Never say that again. Never in my life.

Abhi (removing her hand): When you are not forgiving me there is nothing left for me behind.

She gently touched his right cheek, travelling behind his ear while thumbing in front of his ear. He closed his eyes at her touch, feeling pleasure and gratitude. Her tears fell on the ground. He slowly touched her forehead with his. Their lips had a pleasant smile while their eyes never left tears.

Abhi (whispering): I love you!

Vaishu shook with tears in her eyes and a smile on her lips. That's when they heard a baby voice.

"Mumma, Mumma where are you?"

She said in her baby voice, looking for her mother who came to cook food for her. They looked at her and aparted suddenly as they saw Sidd entering the kitchen with coffee mug in his hand. Sidd looked at them with wide eyes and serious expressions but as soon as he understood, he smirked looking at them while they looked down hiding their blush.

Sam (loud, irritated): Mumma! I am hungry. Gimme popcorn.

That's when, Sidd placed the mug on the slab and picked up Sam who was standing there with pout on her face.

Sidd (picking her up, going out of kitchen): Baby, you shouldn't disturb mummy and daddy like this.

Vaishu: Sidd!

But he was gone till now while Abhi was smirking at Vaishu.

***************

Sidd opened the door of his room to find Avu sitting on the bed, doing something on laptop. He paced till her with Sam still in his arms.

Sidd: Sweetheart, let's go for outings.

Avu (looking at Sidd, suspiciously): Now? All of a sudden?

Sidd (placing hands on Sam's ears, whispering): Dada and di needs some time alone. Understand it.

Avu raised her eyebrows susprisingly.

Avu (whispering): They patched up?

Sidd nodded while Sam suddenly statted struggling in his hold.

Sam (irritated, struggling): Chachu, leave me!

Sidd (leaving Sam's ears): Ok ok sorry Baby! Do you want to go out for dinner? What do you want to eat?

Sam (thinking): Pizza!

Avu (approaching towards them): Not only pizza but we will eat ice cream and cupcake as well as its a very big day for us and you as well.

Sam (looking at Avu, excited): Really? Yuppiessssss!

Both chuckled looking at her. They started leaving the room while talking to Sam to make her happy. They enjoyed each other's company and also had dinner with each other

*********************

THE END

*********************

H

ope you all liked the story.

Don't forget to leave down your comments.

Fvourite part of the book?

Anything you all want me to improve?

Epilogue will be out soon.

Thank you for the love on this book. ❤️

Words= 935