True Feelings

Eddie
I sat in my van for a minute collecting my thoughts before getting out and walking up to the front door. I knocked. Please be Mrs. Carver, Please be Mrs.Carver-

The door opened and there stood Jason. Instantly a sneer came to his lips." What are you doing here Freak, you've got a lot of nerve-"

" Jason who's here?" Mrs Carver walks up to the door and smiles." Oh Hi Eddie!"

"You know Munson?"

" Honestly Jason, he comes over  three times a week after school, well I guess you don't know, your at practice. Come on in Eddie. Does Veronica know your coming?"

I flashed her my biggest smile," No actually, I was just driving by and decided to drop in. I wanted to tell her how happy my uncle was when I brought home my test the other day."

" That's great! She is in her music room, I will bring you down."

" See you around Jason." I smirked, he flipped me off.

I followed Mrs. Carver down the Hallway and then down into the basement. I could a violin playing louder and louder as I walked down the stairs . Now I don't know anything about the violin or classical music but whatever she was playing sounded beautiful, almost a little sexy? I turned and whispered to her mom, " She's really good.I would have thought it was some kind of recording."

Her mom smiled. " She is very talented, gets that from her dad. They used to play this song as a duet, him on his acoustic guitar and her on violin. It was wonderful to hear them play together."

"I'm so sorry, I bet you miss it."

She had a sad smile on her face. " I do. This song is called Por Una Cabeza. One on my favorites." She pat my shoulder "I'm going to head up, Enjoy."

I smiled at her and then stood at the foot of the stairs in amazement as Veronica continued to play. The looked so elegant and poised as she played.She was so involved with her playing that she had no idea that I was even there until I clapped and whistled when she was finished.

I watched her jump about a foot off the ground." Jesus Christ Eddie! You scared the shit out of me!"

"Wowza Sweetheart, that was amazing!"

" How long have you been watching me?"

" Your mom and I came down I'm guessing halfway through the song. Por Una Cabeza? Sounds kind of sexy for classical."

" It's one of my favorites." She pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

" You played it with your dad? I must have sounded awesome with a guitar. "

" it wasn't exactly Metal but it was awesome."

I looked around the room at all of the instruments propped up and hung up on the walls. " You play all of these?"

She shrugged " Most of them"

I walked over to the drum kit."You play this?"

" I'm not amazing at it but I like to play for fun. It took a lot of crying and convincing to get my mom to drag that drum kit to Indiana from California."

" Will you play something for me?"

Veronica set down her violin and went over to take a seat behind the drum kit. " Prepare to be underwhelmed. It's not my best instrument." She picked up the drumsticks that were sitting on top of the snare drum. "It's not metal but it is rock. You've got to remember, I mostly played with my dad."

I watched in awe as she played the intro to Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll.It was that moment that I knew why I had tried to spy on her last night, why I was so jealous of Harrington. I was totally falling for her.I knew when we first met that there was a connection,and now that I have realized it it almost makes me sad. Damn you Harrington for being so perfect. I am sure that he won her over last night with his good looks and winning personality. I felt so guilty about spying last night that I gave my popcorn to Dustin and Mike and left about halfway through the movie. They probably made out the whole time after I left, I'm just glad I wasn't there to see it.