18TH Birthday

Veronica
I can't believe it, I am officially 18. An adult. Last night we celebrated with my favorite dinner and cake and ice cream at home, tonight I'm going bowling with Robin and Steve. This should be interesting. Robin has been hinting that Steve wanted to see me again, little does he know I'm going out with Eddie.

" Ronnie, they are here!!" My mom yelled-up the stairs.

" Coming!" I grabbed my purse and ran down the stairs." Bye Mom!"

" Bye hun!"

Out the door I went. Robin was frantically waving and Steve had his most charming smile on. I opened the car door and jumped in." Hey guys! How's it going?"

" Great! Happy day after your birthday!!" Robin smiled.

" Thanks!! Hey thanks for bringing me bowling, I am so excited! I am absolutely horrible at it but it's always fun."

We chatted all the way to the bowling alley, got our lane and our shoes when we got there.

" Who wants to start?" Robin looked from Steve to me.

" I nominate Harrington, I would prefer to watch everyone's approach and technique before it is my turn. Maybe I will pick up some pointers."

" You want to watch my approach? I think you just want a reason to look at my ass." He winked.

" That's exactly it Steve." I rolled my eye and smiled.

" We invited Eddie too. He should be here any minute."

My heart skipped a beat."Eddie is coming too?"

" Yeah hope you don't mind, got to get that poor guy out of the house every once in a while." Steve shook his head." He's kind of a loner."

" I don't mind at all. He's a nice guy, I tutor him three days a week. "

" That's right! I think I remember him mentioning that before." Steve picked up his ball and with perfect form launched the ball down the lane for a strike. He fist pumped.

" Of course he gets a strike !" Robin gave him a high five then went up for her turn as he came over to take a seat next to me.

" That was pretty impressive." I gave him a high five. " Wait till you see me get my gutter ball."

" Yeah! Eat that Harrington! Woo!" Robin cheered as she got a strike.

" Nice job! " I clapped for her.

" Hey, what did I miss?" I heard a familiar voice behind me and I got butterflies in my stomach. Eddie walked over and sat down. He nodded at Steve." Hey Harrington, Buckley ,"he smiled at me." Montgomery'."

" Hey Munson your just in time., Robin and I just got strikes."

" Nice."

I stood up. " I on the other hand, I'm headed straight for the gutter."

Eddie smirked, " You're a genius, can't you figure out some sort of equation to get the perfect angle and velocity or some shit like that?"

" No, Smart Ass." I smirked back at him. I high fived Robin on her way back to the table and grabbed my ball. I took a deep breath.

" Let me give you some pointers." Steve walked up behind me and leaned forward." Take your time with the approach, stay focused on that center pin and," he ran his hand from my shoulder down my arm , " Don't forget to follow through on the release." Smooth Steve, super smooth. I didn't dare turn around to see the expression on Eddies face. Yup, tonight was going to be interesting.

" Thanks Steve." I took a couple steps forward and concentrated on the pins, made sure to follow through and actually took down half the pins. For me that was just as good as getting a strike.  I turned and gave them a thumbs up. Eddie had a super amused look on his face.