Perfect

Eddie

I walked into Family Video on a mission, first of all, I needed to pick up a movie for Friday night movie night, with very specific instructions on what to get and then I needed to pull Robin aside and ask her a very important question.

" Hey Munson." Steve was leaning across the counter, looking like he was not accomplishing much. " Friday the 13th again?"

" No, it's Ronnie's turn to pick so it's Sixteen Candles?"

Steve laughed." Oh, your just going to love that. Jake Ryan is so dreamy, but all is not lost, you'll get to see some boobs."

" I'm pretty sure I'll get to see some boobs tonight regardless." I smirked.

Harrington rolled his eyes. " Just rub it in., just rub it right in. Nancy is out of town for the weekend so I just might rent myself Fast times so I can see some boobies this weekend too."

" Have fun with that. Is a Robin around?"

" You rang?" She popped out from behind one of the shelves."What's up Munson?"

" Can we talk somewhere?"

" Something wrong?" She asked concerned.

" No, not at all I just, well  it is kind of a secret."

" A secret?" Steve spoke up. " A secret you aren't going to tell ME? "

" I just didn't think you would be interested."

"Me, not interested?" Steve stood up and crossed his arms in front of his chest." Your best friend not interested."

" Well it's kind of a girl thing."

" Oooh, so now I am super intrigued."

" I can trust you two not to go blabbing to anyone right?"

" I am offended."Robin faked shock

" I am mostly talking about  Harrington."

" I'm not going to ruin any surprise, so just spill it."

" I wanted to ask Robin if she would go shopping with me for a ring for Ronnie."

" Like a Ring Ring??" Steve asked raising his eyebrows.

"No not an engagement ring, I don't have the money for that yet. I want to get her a promise ring before she goes to college. There is no doubt in my mind that she is who I want to marry, but she is also only 18 years old, and looking to start a career she is very passionate about. I don't want to rush or get in the way of her dreams. I can wait for her, I just want her to know how serious I am about us.

" That's noble.You don't have the money for an engagement ring? " Steve lowered his voice," You're a dealer,sell a shitload of drugs and you will have the money do it. "

"I'm getting out of the business Steve and I am not going to buy her a ring with drug money. Could you imagine telling our kids that story some day?"

" Kids? Wow , you think about this a lot?"

" First time in my life I ever have. I thought I would die alone. Now I have someone I want to share my life with. I want to be the Dad  that I never had, someday."

"I think it is romantic." Robin fluttered her eyes." Do you know what size ring she wears?"

" She has tried on mine before and they are all too big. I can't casually slip a ring off her finger."

" I could take one from her jewelry box for you. I would steal in the name of love."

" Not steal, just borrow. Think you could get it before Sunday?"