The Promise

Veronica

"Edward Munson, where are you taking me?"

He looked over at me and gave me a sly smile." If I told you Princess it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?"

" Your awfully cheeky today aren't we?" I smiled at him.

" Look Darlin, this is our last weekend together before you leave, we have got to make the most of it."

" I absolutely agree." I stared at him for a minute, I could feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes , he looked over at me.

" No baby, you promised." He said in his soothing, quiet voice.

" I know I did, but it was an unrealistic expectation of myself and I apologize!" I felt a tear escape and roll down my cheek. I reached into his glovebox and pulled out a napkin. " I'm going to miss looking at your handsome face and looking into your beautiful brown puppy dog eyes." I dabbed at my eyes.

" Oh Sweetheart ," he reached over with one hand and cupped my cheek. " It's only a month-"

" Only a month, we have barely been apart for more than a weekend !"

" I know, but then we are going to be living together! Waking up in the same bed together, cooking dinner together, snuggling up on the couch together. Think about that instead, that is what I have been doing! Think of all the good that's coming up after that month apart!"

I mopped up my tears. " Alright  hairy-bear ,  I will do my best."

" So Hairy-bear is sticking? It's a thing?"

I smiled." You don't like it? "

" I don't hate it, " he paused." But isn't there anything else?  I love it when you call me baby-"

" I call you baby 90% of the time, or Eds. You call me Ronnie, Princess, Sweetheart, kitten, Darlin. I want more options for you. There was Studmuffin, Sweetcheeks, my little Metalhead-"

" I like that one-"

" But it's too long. Sugar lips? "

" Absolutely not Sugar lips!"

I lowered my voice. " Dungeon Master Munson."

" There we go, that's it!" He smiled and laughed." But you can only say it in that voice!"

"Nope." I sat back in my seat trying to think of more nicknames." Pookie? Snookums? Snuggle bunny?"

" Jesus Christ," he laughed." It just keeps getting better and better."

"Ah-ha!!!!" I smiled widely and pointed at him." Your My Precious."

He smiled." Love the Lord of the Rings reference.! My little Gollum."

" Your my Hairy little Hobbit."

" That's not exactly sexy babe."

" We shall see. I'm totally going to make them sexy."

He smiled and turned onto a side road." We are almost there Sweetheart."

" I'm surprised you didn't blindfold me this time."

" Later." He smirked and winked.

I laughed. Surprise dates with Eddie were always my favorite. He was an outside the box kind of guy, sometimes it was a stroll through the woods, or sitting under the stars or parking the van in the woods and listening to the rain fall on the roof, cuddled up in the back. Those are some of my favorite moments.

The van came to a stop, Eddie looked over at me and smiled." Almost there!" He got out of the van and came around and opened my door, always a gentleman. I swung my legs around and he took my hand helping me out. He took a minute to look me over from head to toe, his eyes slowly roaming over me, I watched  slow smile spread across his lips. I chose to wear a purple  off the shoulder sundress with little white flowers on it that flared at the waist. It rested just above the knee. And on my feet I wore white ballerina flats. I pulled half of my hair back with a clip then let the rest of my curls fall down around my shoulders. My Guitar pick necklace hanging right above my cleavage, perfect, and I had  silver hoops in my ears.