Girls Night

Veronica

The day before the Prom:

" So why cant you come over tonight Princess?" Eddie asked as he drives me home from school, his hand casually resting on my thigh.

I smile." Because I am having a girls night with Robin and Nancy. Tomorrow is the Prom and that means tonight we sit around and do facials and paint our nails and practice doing each other's hair. We need to make sure that we look perfect for tomorrow."

" Sweetheart, you look perfect without all that." He squeezed my leg. " Your gonna miss our Friday scary movie night!"

I roll my eyes and smile." Why don't you have a guys night? Invite Steve and the guys over, get pizza and have a scary movie marathon? They would love that."

" But it's not the same without the cuddling and the kissing baby. Do you realize that I have kissed you goodnight every night for like months, even if it means sneaking in through your window at night and risking my life?"

" I love it when you sneak in and cuddle me till I fall asleep, then jump out my window before you fall asleep and my mom comes in and catches you. It means a lot to me because you know I have a hard time falling asleep because I can't turn my brain off . Your big spoon cuddling does it every time."

" And tonight you won't have a big spoon to cuddle you."

"I bet Robin would if I asked her too." I smirked

" I bet she would too, and I bet she would like it. I would want to be there to see that."

" Nancy is great but the girl is just skin and bones, I would have to be big spoon."

" Also something I wouldn't mind seeing."Eddie raised his eyebrows.

"We will triple spoon after we have a pillow fight in our bras and underwear."

" Girls don't really do that right, like that's just shit they do in movies right?"

" I have never been to a sleepover where that has happened. Usually we sit around our old pajamas with green goop on our face. Sorry if I just ruined your fantasy "

" Might just sneak over and see for myself. Then I could get my goodnight kiss."

" You make it sound like you are kiss deprived, you get lots of kisses Eddie Munson."

Eddie rubbed my leg with his free hand," I know baby and I am so grateful but the goodnight kiss, it is the last thing I think of before I go to bed at night."

" You are the absolute sweetest."

" Don't tell anyone, you'll ruin my reputation."

" Ok so maybe if you were to quietly knock on my window at 11 tonight I might open it and give you a smooch. But your not allowed IN my room."

" I will take it." He pulled into my driveway and put the van in park."Until we meet again my dark haired maiden , when the clock strikes 11." He put a hand on my cheek and pulled me in for a kiss.

" You give me butterflies Munson." I ran a hand through his hair and kissed him again lightly. " See you tonight."

Later that night

" Your nails look great, mine look like shit." Robin blew on her nail polish to try to get it to dry." Of course they would look much better if I didn't bite them but I can't help it that is what I do. When I get nervous I just chew."

" Can't believe you asked Dustin to the senior prom." Nancy smirked

" It's not like I have a lot of options, it's not that easy. I can't just walk up to every girl I have a crush on and ask, hey ,want to go to the prom? I can't risk it."