22 | Shot

Shouto Todoroki

Later that afternoon, after allowing Mai to visit one of her friends, Todoroki found himself alone on the living room couch with Bakugou. His body longed for Bakugou's warmth, but he dared not move from his posture-perfect position.

I'm glad Mai has friends, Todoroki couldn't help but think as he exhaled slowly. I'm so happy to see her excited for the opportunities to see her friends. I wish she wanted to spend more time with me, though. Maybe it's my fault.

"It's your fault Touya's dead," Natsuo snarled at Endeavor. "He was hurting so much, and you ignored that and pushed him to his breaking point!"

"Oi," Todoroki suddenly heard a deep voice sigh, "did you ever hear back from yer friend who's going through some shit?" He tilted his head and leaned back against the couch.

Todoroki's legs tensed, but he figured that he would nod. I don't want him to say not to feel bad for not getting a response. Maybe...I could also...

"They doin' any better? I mean, ain't my business, but you kinda see things through a different lens when you've also been through shit."

Todoroki shook his head, and with trembling hands, he grabbed his phone and sent Bakugou a text. They said they really want to die, they can't stop cutting, and the cuts just keep getting deeper. They feel like everything is collapsing and falling apart, and they just feel worse whenever someone reaches out to them. They constantly have suicidal thoughts and urges, and they would rather die than see a therapist. They also don't feel comfortable saying the whole truth to anyone. I don't know what to do. Once again, his guts were wrung into compact, boiling loops.

Bakugou's brows raised. "I dunno if there's much you can do, so don't beat yourself up. That's not your job. They need to see a professional for that. Loved ones aren't always enough." He let out a long sigh. "If you really think they're going to end their life, get them help. Better they get upset at you than that." He nodded and rested his hand on Todoroki's cold, veiny hand. "Yer a good friend, know that? Don't say you're a terrible friend to me after what's been goin' on recently. I don't truly understand what you're going through, and I'll never completely understand you or anyone, but I know you're having a rough time, and on that broad level, at least, I can relate. You ain't alone, Shu."

Todoroki curled his fingers around Bakugou's rough hand. He's so kind when he wants to be... He's so gentle and soft when he thinks he should be. I can't help but love that. Sensing the milky-sweet affection radiating from Bakugou, Todoroki leaned towards him as Bakugou did the same. I should just say we're in a relationship instead of labeling it as friendship when... His thoughts were enveloped by the honeyed snare of Bakugou's lips. I want to be his. I don't want to let him go. I want him to say I'm his. I want to say he's mine. It feels so good... Unhurriedly pulling away from the ash-blond, Todoroki turned to his phone again.

"Do you think your daughter would think it's weird that you like me?" Bakugou's question caused Todoroki to glance up from his phone and stare silently at the wall.

Todoroki's mind generated his daughter's response for him:

"I don't want another dad. My friends will think I'm weird. I want Mom back... He's not Mom. I want a mom..."

Shrugging, Todoroki typed, I don't know. But I guess we should let our relationship be what it is. This is definitely not what friends do. I'm still working on accepting everything, but it's not fair to you for me to label us as something we clearly aren't. He felt Bakugou's phone buzz beside him.

Bakugou cupped his chin with one hand. "Long as it's not gonna eat away at you mentally, sounds great. So, what are we? Boyfriends?" His garnet eyes settled on Todoroki's gray and turquoise eyes.