32 | Different

Katsuki Bakugou

After four and a half months of occasionally visiting Todoroki at the psychiatric ward he'd been staying at, Bakugou was abruptly informed that Todoroki was to be discharged early that afternoon. However, Bakugou's shift didn't end until six that night. So, he requested that Kaminari take over his shift for him, and much to Bakugou's relief and chagrin, his request was fulfilled with a grin.

"I got you covered!" Kaminari had reassured Bakugou. "Did something come up?" He'd tilted his head while rinsing out a glass stained with a film of red on the inside.

"Yeah. Listen, I haven't told anyone yet, but y'know the dumbass Shu? He's—"

"Wait, wait, don't tell me..." Kaminari set the glass in the sink and splayed his fingers. "You finally asked him out, and he's a super busy guy, and you're going out to eat, and that's the only time he was avail—"

Bakugou flipped his hands into the air. "For fuck's sake, it ain't that complicated. We're...boyfriends." His words singed his cheeks. "But some shit happened to him, and I gotta pick him up. I haven't really been with him for the past few months. Finally gonna have him back."

Kaminari grinned. "Haha, even an idiot like me can tell you care about him a lot. Don't deny it! Your cheeks say it all." He chuckled when Bakugou offered him a glare. "But damn are you lucky to score someone as hot as him. I'm still single. Ugh."

"Mm? I've seen how that insomniac with purple hair looks at ya. But I'll take one of your shifts later this week."

After a few hours, Bakugou arrived at the psychiatric ward Todoroki had been staying at, and throughout the trip there, he felt a certain fluttery yet mushy feeling inside. So, after entering the facility, he felt that bouquet of feelings grow into something that quickened his heartbeat and caused his skin to glisten.

Last time I saw him was a week ago... Bakugou began to ponder while beginning to check in. I know I've been visiting every week or every two weeks, but the visits only last ten or fifteen minutes.

"You seem pretty chipper. Havin' a good day today, Shu?"

Todoroki nodded. Yeah. Things are definitely getting better. Slowly, but better is better. How have you been?

"See? Told ya things would get better. Recovery is hard, but it's worth it. I promise you that. But I've been pretty good. Kinda lonely, but other than that, good. And hey, you look good too. Like, healthy and fit."

I hope I'll be able to fill that loneliness when I'm out of here. I miss falling asleep beside you. But I've been working out again. I'm not allowed to have weights, so I've been improvising.

After being informed that Todoroki would be out shortly, Bakugou stepped aside and powered on his phone, staring down at the lock screen. Yet, he did not unlock his phone.

"So, you said you made progress on finding the right meds?"

Yeah. They're supposed to dull my feelings so they don't get out of hand. Another one is for hallucinations.

Fucking hallucinations? Bakugou thought. I didn't know about this shit.

"Have they been working?"

I think so.

"You're doin' good, Shu. Sometimes meds are super helpful, and sometimes they can only mitigate the damage a bit. Glad they aren't making things worse. If they ever do, you gotta be the one to tell them that. They won't know, otherwise. But what's up with the hallucinations?"