My little warrior

Fighting.

For Darkwing, there was nothing important in the world except the battle she was in.

She forgot there was anything else than the severed limbs, the sound of her blade slashing through the thick metal of the training dummies, and the crying and screaming from her memories. She didn't have time to think about anything except the repeatedly attacking fake cybertronians before her, killing one after another in an endless cycle of feverish combat as she got more tired with each passing hour. But the femme kept her ground, and never backed down from their attacks. These dummies weren't just standing in one place, they moved around lifting their arm like appendages to hit her if they had a chance, although just a few of those hits got through her defense. Darkwing reacted quickly to their every movement, jumping around to keep her distance when needed, and striking at the perfect moment to end their fake lives.

She lost track of the passing time until everything around her was covered in metal and she finally decided to stop for a second.

The little flier panted to let the air cool her inner parts with her vents working on their highest volume, when suddenly her wings twitched with a warning. When she turned around and lifted her sword to slash through another doll which avoided her rage until now, her blade met with a strong grip, and she fell out of focus in the moment as she locked optics with the mech before her.

"L-Lord Megatron!" She stuttered. "I apologize, I didn't hear you coming in."

The warlord scanned her frame from helm to peds, then slowly let go of the sword, which fell to the floor without the femme's proper hold.

"Darkwing. Would you care to explain what are you doing?"

"Just a small practice my lord, I needed it to..." The femme looked away and shook her helm for a moment, then turned back toward Megatron with a smile on her face. "Can I be at your service in anything?"

The mech followed her every move with interest, trying to figure out her thoughts.

"Some soldier expressed their concern about you locking yourself in here."

"Oh... " Darkwing's voice got lower as she leaned down to retrieve the sword into her hand. "Did I cause a disturbance?"

"Not quite." Megatron sighed. "But I am worried about your state too. I understand you need some time after everything that happened, but it is unusual from you to act like this. And from Soundwave's acting, I presumed you two..."

At the mention of the name, an almost unnoticeable flinch shook the little flier's wings, but the same smile stayed on her face.

"I am grateful, but you don't have to worry Lord Megatron, I am perfectly fine. So, if you excuse me, I shall clean up this mess and continue the training."

The warlord watched how she attached the sword to the side of her hip to free her hands for cleaning, and he never took his gaze off of the femme as she pulled the training dolls to the side, tidying up the place from their remainings. Her every movement was weird, somehow too... strict. Like she would have kept even the smallest actions of her body under control.

From their numbers, he could assume his soldier was there for at least a few hours, paying attention only to the fight.

"I hope you know it is only a foolish attempt for training, Darkwing." He commented when the femme was finally done with the cleaning and wanted to bring out new victims for her pointless rampage.

"What do you mean?"

Before he spoke up, Megatron crossed the distance between them with loud, clanking pedsteps and observed her behavior once again to be able to understand what hid under her fake smile.