Chapter 38 - She was chosen

Alex:

I tilted my head as he replied my question, and pursed my lips as he kissed mines. Various things, repeated in my head. I frowned lightly, though, while thinking of it. I had to be honest, always when he said those things I got extremely curious. Though I tried to get a view of it by trying to look in his mind, nothing happened - or at least, I saw nothing or so. I knew I wasn't able to read his mind whenever I wanted. There were just some moments that I could. The moments we were the closest together. When everything was so incredibly intense between us.

I nodded slowly, feeling how the corners of my lips lightly lopsided. My hand stroked through his hair for a moment, brushing my thumb over the little whisker he had on the left side of his head.

'I'll see you tonight,' I whispered softly as he walked away, though he said nothing back. When I heard the door slamming shut downstairs, I sighed deeply as a rush of sadness overtook me. Again that disappointing feeling went through my body. I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I pressed my face against my pillow again, trying to catch some more sleep after all. Even though I didn't wanted to think about last night anymore, I did...

Nigel:

Nigel didn't show up for the rest of the day. When Alex got to school in the evening, Nigel wasn't there either. Not in Alex' room nor in his own, and no one had seen him. However, he hád been there, in Alex' room, because he left a letter on Alex' pillow, complete with waxed steal of the stamp the Templars often used. On opening the letter it mentioned the following:

My dearest Jack,

Meet me at manor Colbie tonight, at 1 O'clock

We have some business to clear out

I'll be expecting you,

N

He didn't have to write out his full name for Alex to know who wrote it. The wax seal at the front, along with the tiny but steady handwriting, made it only obvious. In that sense it had 'Nigel' written all over it.

Alex:

his whole day went quite odd, to be honest. I came back earlier on school than expected. I couldn't sleep anymore, after Nigel left. So I just took some of his breakfast and left the house within two hours to make my way back to school. Staying at home made me think about too many things I didn't wanted to think about. It was all about my mother, the things that happened last night, about my father which was going to freak out when I would arrive back at school... I knew school wasn't going to make anything better, probably even worse, but I wanted to go there more...

As soon as I arrived at school, my dad had came incredibly angry towards me. Talking about how worried he had been, how much I was screwing up my life, that I had to stay away from Nigel, that I had to quit this nonsense during classes. Everything just went through one ear and exited the others, though. I didn't really cared about anything he told me. It was my life, my own. He couldn't command me anymore like that. I was almost eighteen, an adult. He had to let me go once.

As I finally reached my bedroom in the night, I found an envelope on my pillow. I immediately recognized something when I saw the little waxed stamp. It had to be something from Nigel, or so. I pursed my lips as I gently opened the letter. After reading it, my lips immediately parted, sighing deeply afterwards as I thought about it. I wondered about which business he was talking.

When it was 12 O'clock I decided to leave the school. Because I knew my father had made others check my door - to see if I was escaping the school again - I had chose the opportunity to go through the window what made me able to escape my room as well. I had no idea I was about to enter this room on a whole different way next time. With a whole new feeling.