Chapter 35 - Marking me yours

Alex:

I kept kissing him gently and innocent back. It was nothing much, yet. It was just a simple kiss, not even shared with a tongue or anything. I had to let everything come over me first. The shock that I just admitted the fact I loved him, in a way like lovers. It was something I never expected from myself. Just, never, ever. I had not even lightly thought about it.

It was a surprisement for me when Nigel didn't seem to stop kissing me, though. But I could definitely notice the way he was confused about it in his kiss. When I noticed he wondered if he were my Maraclea than, after all, I didn't even thought a moment about answering him. I wasn't about to do that. Not now. Perhaps never.

When I felt how he placed a kiss on the corner of my mouth, I blinked once to shut my eyes afterwards again. I tilted my head when I noticed he tried to reveal the skin of my neck and parted my lips as soon as he pressed his lips somewhere on the skin of my neck. He could probably feel my carotid artery beating now. Of course I wondered what Nigel thought now. What he felt, what he wanted. But I couldn't expect an answer. I knew that. Only when he answered me, telling me he wanted me too, I opened my eyes a bit as I frowned and my heart skipped a beat. I definitely didn't saw that coming. I bit on my lower lip and brought one hand towards his hair, gently stroking through it as I gasped in silence.

'Are you s-' I asked breathlessly - though I hadn't finished my question yet. I already had to be satisfied with this answer. Nigel did it well. It probably already took a lot of effort to tell me that.

Nigel:

Nigel placed several kisses on Alex' neck, softly but accurately, and stopped for a moment with his lips pressed against Alex' neck to indeed feel his pulse. Something like that seemed to be fascinating to him, Alex' pulse, his sign of life. But the fact he was also the person that obsessed over all things dead this could be taken as a disturbing sign as well.

After a while he continued his kissing over Alex' jawline though, until Nigel moved back to look Alex in the eyes again, when answering the unfinished question.

"Does it look like I'm lying..?" he looked serious for a moment but then smiled softly. "Because I'm not." After all it did took quite some effort to say it. Well, maybe not to say it, but to discover it, and to admit it to himself.

Alex:

I pressed my lips on each other as Nigel moved towards my pulse. As soon as he reached it, he did nothing more but pressing his lips against it for a few seconds. I softly pulled at the roots of his hair while he did that. It was predictable that he was about to do that, somehow.

As soon as he moved further to my jawline I pressed my fingertips against the skin of his hips. I opened my eyes as soon as I noticed he wanted to look me in the eyes. Apparently he noticed that I wanted to ask him. I parted my lips as he asked me that. I had no idea. It was hard to put my finger on it, to be honest. Lets just keep it at the fact I didn't expected him to say that.

The corner of my lips lightly lopsided as he concluded that he wasn't lying. Again something completely new to me - that he had found a way to say that. I knew how hard it was for him to be honest about these things.

I brought the hand on his hips towards to his neck so I could pull him gently back to me.

'No,' I answered him after a little while. 'I just didn't really expected that answer...'

I gazed back to his lips to place another kiss on it and kept stroking through his hair - or well, I pulled some streaks down his head. I lightly opened my mouth as I tilted my head again, placing his upper lip between mines now while several thoughts rushed through my mind.