11

It turned out playing the Geese Game was both, the best and worst decision of the day.
The best, because time passed in a flash.
The worst, because Jihoon, Soonyoung and I were probably the most chaotic possible combination of players. Catastrophe was bound to happen.

"NO. I CAN'T DIE. I AM A TIGER."
"Soonyoung. For the last time. YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING!"
"NO. I AM A TIGER!!"
"You. Are. A. HUMAN!!!"
"NO. I DON'T WANT TO BE A HUMAN. I AM A TIGER!!!"
"Ughhhh, FINE. So what if you are?! You still came across the death's field!! He claimed your soul!!! You have to start again!!"
"UGH, FINE. I'LL DO IT. I'LL DO IT, ALRIGHT?! BUT IF JEONGHAN WINS AGAIN, IT'S ON YOU!!"
"If he rolls a three, he'll die as well. And since that dice is cursed.... It will be fine, Hoshi... We won't loose again!"

Both of them looked at me, waiting. We had decided beforehand that this would be the last round. Both, Jihoon and Soonyoung, had won once so far, while i proudly claimed two victories. If I won this last game as well, I'd be the ultimate winner hehe.
This was a very critical moment in the game.

Jihoon eked out his existences in a prison cell and would only be released once another took his place. But because he indeed was a sore looser, we allowed him to use another playing figure. It was just his luck to fall into a well right at the beginning of the game out of which he would only escape if another player passed by that well without falling in themselves.
Soonyoung and I denied him a third playing figure...

Soonyoung on the other hand had been doing quite good (let's forget for now about the various times when he accidentally pushed over the board because he couldn't contain his excitement).
But now, only one step away from the long awaited finish line, he rolled a five instead of a six and went right into death's arms. But look at the bright side: No he could bypass the well and rescue Jihoon from his misery.
That is, of course, if he had enough time to do so...

I was only four fields away from victory, but, just as Jihoon had said, rolling a three would give me the same fate as Soonyoung. And the dice really was cursed. For the past four rounds I was only able to roll threes. The knowledge of the cursed dice was quite unsettling.

"I'll destroy the curse. Just you wait..."
I rolled the dice but I used too much force and it went right over the corner of the couch table.
I dived down to pick it up when I suddenly realised something: "Wait... Jihoon, why did you call Soonyoung Hoshi just now?"

That question seemed to increase Jihoon's interest in the carpet's colour immensely, while Soonyoung was just happily staring into nothing.

I used the time to focus on rolling the dice again and placed my playing figure happily on the victory field afterwards.
"There. All done. I win. Once again."
The smile of an angel adorned my face.
Oh, I was verrrry content with the situation.

"WHAT? YOU CHEATED!! YOU MUST HAVE!! I DIDN'T WATCH!!!"
Interesting. Jihoon is getting really good at cap-signing as well.
"Jihoon, my son, you just said it yourself. You didn't watch. How can you frivolously accuse me of cheating? Don't be this bitter..."
"Oh believe me Hyung, accusing you of cheating is anything but frivolous. It's called 'learning from experiences'."
"Come onnnn, Jihoonieee... I didn't cheat. I've changed!!"
"Now that's a likely story..."

"EVEN I SAW YOU CHEATING DURING THE FIRST FOUR GAMES HYUNG. Can't you do without playing foul?"
"Not you too Soonyoung!"
"But it's true. You were always skipping mean fields and letting the dice drop on the floor on purpose if you didn't like what it said..."
Why is this boy pouting? Have you ever seen one of the most adorable human beings pouting while wearing a tiger onsie? I bet you haven't. Because otherwise I wouldn't understand how you're still alive.