30

"I can't believe we actually failed!" Seungcheol exhaled loudly and ran a hand through his hair.

"And whose fault was that?" I chimmed in. " Well, not mine. At least I didn't try to cheat at every opportunity!" "I didn't cheat at every opportunity. Only here and there. And I only did it, because our brains were too incompetent to solve those stupid riddles. Is it my fault that they made it possible to cheat? They should have been more careful when preparing the room!" I crossed my arms in front of my chest. I only tried to help...

"Well okay, you're right, you're right. But in the end it wasn't any use. Despite the cheating we still failed! I didn't think that was possible!" Seungcheol hid his face in his hands. I lightly hit his shoulder. "Cheer up, it's not the end of the world. We just weren't enough people. It's impossible to do all of this with just the two of us there!"

"Right? How do they expect us to solve all of those riddles on our own? We should come back some other time and bring all of our friends." He looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes, and gave me a radiant dimple smile. I could barely resist the urge to squish his cheeks. Such a cutiepie!
"Yes!! I love this idea! It's gonna be a mess though, you know that, right? I don't know about your friends, but mine aren't always the brightest human beings..." "Don't worry, mine aren't either. But they are good entertainment and they pay for my food at times, so I keep them around." I snorted. "That sounds awful familiar. I have to warn you though. If I invite one of them, I have to invite all of them. And that's quit a lot of people. One, two, three... seven to be precise. And one tiger." "A tiger?" "Yes. A tiger. Don't question it. Just accept it. I do the same." I laughed at the thought of seeing Soonyoung struggle in the escape room.

"Alright. I can't wait to meet that tiger friend of yours. I'm afraid I'm only aquainted with humans." He pouted. "Stop it!" I playfully punshed his shoulder. "I didn't expect anything else. Let's just say, Soonyoung is one of a kind." "It sure sounds like it. It's settled then? We're coming back with our friends and your tiger?" I shook my head smiling. If Jihoon had heard that...

"He's not my tiger. He's Jihoon's tiger. The tiger just doesn't know it yet. It's complicated..." I waved it off. "But yes, I'm totally in!" I jumped excitedly up and down. "Great!" We grinned at each other. I am already so excited for that day. It's gonna be awesome!

~

Despite Seungcheol's awful sense of direction we reached the Café fairly quick. We stopped in front of a small building with light pink coloured window frames and an elder tree next to the entrance. I could see a couple of small tables with light blue table clothes and fitting white chairs outside the Café. I had to admit, it looked quite cosy. I tilted my head in order to read the little wooden sign on top of the door.

Welcome To
Carat Land

Next to the words was a drawing of a little cat with glasses. "Carat Land? Not Cat Land? Is this a typo or something?" "Nope, it is called Carat Land. I don't know why though."

I glanced at the sign again. "Carat Land. It's a weird name..." "I actually never questioned the name before. But you're right. It's kinda weird." Cheol shrugged his shoulders. "I won't complain though. As long as I still get my discount, Wonu can call it whatever he wants to call it."
"Wonu?" I raised my eyebrow questioningly as we strolled to the door. „Ah right, he's a friend of mine. Jeon Wonwoo. He owns the Café."

Okay, calm down Jeonghan. No reason to panic. You are going to meet another one of Seungcheol's friends in a few minutes and he's gonna watch you throughout the whole date. Nothing to worry about. Just relax. Be yourself. You got this.

B2: OMG PANIC MODE ON!!! SWITCH THE PANIC MODE ON!!!
B1: Dude, NO. CHILL. We can't panic right now. We have to look cool!! Besides, it won't be that bad.
B2: LOOK COOL?? LOOK. COOL??? WE ARE ABOUT TO MEET A FRIEND OF SEUNGCHEOLS WHOS DEFINITELY GONNA JUDGE US AND TELL CHEOL TO NEVER GO OUT WITH US EVER AGAIN!!!
B1: Now, now. Why should his friend do anything like that?
B2: Ehm... JUST BECAUSE!!!
B3: B2 IS RIGHT!! HE WOULD TELL CHEOL TO STAY AWAY FROM US!!!
B1: My question still stands. WHY. And for my sake PLEASE stop screaming!!
B3: Fine. I will. BUTTTTT Cheol's friend will see us struggling because we are deaf and then he will tell Cheol to stay away from us!! And he will also tell Cheol how weird an crazy and mentally unstable we are!! And then we won't be able to talk to the ONE PERSON WE CAN ACTUALLY HEAR again. EVER!!!
B1: I... no. That's not what's going to happen.
B2: And he will tell Cheol that he should choose someone who's prettier than us...
B1: WOAH. NOW. HOLD IT RIGHT THERE. WE ARE GORGEOUS AND BEAUTIFUL AND WE ARE NOT UNDERMINING OUR CONFIDENCE BECAUSE OF SOME GUY!
B2 to B3: Damn...
B3 to B2: I know right...
B1: DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME.
B2 and B3: YES!
B1: WHAT ARE WE?
B2: Mentally unstable?
B3: Deaf?
B1: NO. WE ARE DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. NOW. WHAT ARE WE??!!!!
B2 and B3: DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!
B1: Great. Now that we've come to an understanding let's move on to the next point. We shouldn't panic.
B2: BUT...
B1: NO BUTS. WE WONT PANIC AND THATS THAT!!
B2 and B3: Okay...

Don't panic, Jeonghan. Don't. Panic.

As if he had read my thoughts, Seungcheol quickly raised his hands in appeasement. "No no no, don't panic please. He's a really chill dude. You see the cat on the sign? That's basically him. In 98 cases he is just this quiet, chill, friendly, normal, introvert dude, who likes to read, spend his time alone, and loves ballads. Don't worry about him, please. He won't be annoying or mean to you! I promise!"

98 cases? 98?????

"What about the other two cases?" „Huh?" „You said he's calm and friendly in 98 cases. I'm assuming 98 out of a hundred cases. So what about the other two?" We had reached the door by now. One hand on the doorknob Cheol spared me a cheeky grin: „In the other two cases he's the craziest among all of us!"

And with those amazing last words he swung the door open and dragged me inside.
Jisoo help me! I don't know if I'm ready for this encounter!