Chapter 9

I reached Beauty's stall and said, "Beauty, please shift

I reached Beauty's stall and said, "Beauty, please shift. I want you to come with me."

I still couldn't believe what had just happened. Maximus was my mate and he was such a nice guy.

Aside from also being really attractive. Oh, stop it! I think I'm gonna take him up on his offer and call him.

I must have been in a daze for a while because Alex said "Aww, you're thinking about Maximus aren't you?"

"How did you know? Is it really that obvious?" I asked surprised.

"Well, I could tell by the look on your face. One thing I was gonna tell you before they came was that your mate and your close shifter friend can read your mind," she said.

She looked a little guilty but I went easy on her.

"Wow, I should be really careful with what I say then," I said, laughing.

"So you're not mad at me?"

"Of course not, we are best friends after all!" I said, smiling.

We high-fived each other and by that time we reached the place I had wanted to go to. It's been a while. It was a beautiful crystal-like lake. I remember when my mom and I used to compete and see who threw a pebble the farthest. Other times, we'd swim there together, laughing and having fun.

"Wow," Alex said. "This place is amazing."

"I know," I said smiling.

"So, what do you think about Johnathan hmm?" I asked, teasing her.

"Well, he's reaally cute. At least from our convo today, I can tell he's a nice guy," she said.

I saw her cheeks turn a light shade of pink and I smiled at her. We stayed silent for a while to admire the beauty of our surroundings when my mom called.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi, honey. Please try to make it back because you have to go to sleep."

"Okay but when I get home, do you mind if I call someone from school really quick?" I asked nervously.

"Hmm, okay don't make it too long though," she said.

"Thanks mom, don't worry. I'm at the lake right now. I'll be home in a few minutes. Byee!" I said, hanging up.

"So, are you going to call Maximus?" Alex asked, nudging me.

"Well, you already know the answer to that one," I said slightly blushing.

I tried to hide it but she saw it anyway.

"You bet I do! Come on, let's head back," she said, smiling.

She shifted into her horse and let me ride her bareback all the way back. When we got to the stables, I put her in her stall and went inside.

"Mom, I'm home!" I said.

I went to my room, took out my phone, and dialed Maximus' number.

What do I say? What do I say?

Cliffhanger! Hey guys. So, what do think about this chapter? Please comment, like, and vote. Also, I'm available on Saturday's for private chat. I will mention you if you send new ideas to me about this book. Did that get you interested? Well I suggest you start because I can't mention that many people. Well, I have to go to bed now. It's been a long day. Love you guys! See ya!!