Chapter 34: Hope

A/n: Thank you for 1000 reads guys🥳 we achieved it some days ago but i can't even remember but i sha overreacted, i screaaaaamed and thanked Allah out of happiness.

It means a lot really 🥺... I mean, I've been writing on Wattpad since 2018, but none of my works made it this far. As far as 1k reads i mean. And you guys made it possible. Each and every one of you who was consistent and kept up with the updates even though they're fluctuating because of my busy schedule.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS BOOK😭♥️♥️♥️

Like i always say, let's achieve each milestone together. You guys rock!🌟

Behold, another long chapter, and the new longest, so far. It's 8000+ long😭. I swear, i didn't intend for it to be this long. But I've been writing and editing it for two weeks straight now. I think that must be why it ended up this long. I hope it won't be boring to read🥺, i can relate wlhi cause i also dislike long chapters. I prefer chapters which have 5000+ words at most.

However, i don't want this story to exceed seventy chapters and if i want that to happen i have to be elaborating lengthily like this.

But anyways, you guys satisfaction beats it all. If y'all prefer chapters with lesser words, fine😚

I have to make a spoiler before we dive in 🥱😼.

A ship is sailing in this update💃🏻💃💃💃. #KhaiMan is sailingggggg. I know y'all are not because Sul is a toxic person, but me I'm infact thier ship's number one fan. That's why I'm super hyped to share this update with you guys🤩

Let's dig in!!!🍜

And yeah, don't forget to vote🥺. We have audience but we're lacking in votes. Please even our ghost readers should endeavor to vote. Na beg i dey beg🤲🏼🤲🏼🤲🏼

***

Khayr's POV

"Phew" i breathed out, dabbing off sweat with the back of my forearm from my forehead. I placed my palm a few inches above the oil resting in the pan, feeling for the temperature it's radiating, if it's okay for me to start dipping the pastries in.

I just finished preparing twenty samosas and twenty spring rolls, but I've packaged fourteen from each and had it stored in fridge. Of course you don't expect me to eat all of that. I had prepared them with the motive of frying some for myself for iftar and storing the rest to use for later. Like at suhur or at iftar tomorrow.

Guessing that the oil was heated enough and also from the brownness of the few onions which i had put initially in the oil to perfumate it, it was time to start frying the pastries. I fried the five meat enriched samosa and five vegetable and chicken breast enriched spring rolls until they were looking an attractive shade of golden brown.

Damn,... staring at them, i just feel my mouth water on its own. I let the excess oil to drain in the paper drain, curling up my sleeves to cover up the remaining things I'm supposed to do. I covered the pan with it's lid and stored the oil in the oven, then packed the dishes into the sink. After i washed everything off, i packed two samosas and spring rolls for Habu, handed them to him, and now, i can have time for myself.

I hopped upstairs to go get a bath because i was almost stinking. I've been working in the kitchen since four after i prayed Asr and you know how hot it gets in the kitchen. I'm sweaty as hell! Even though there's a fan in my kitchen, i don't know why i feel weird having a fan in a kitchen or using it even. So i didn't turn it on.