Chapter 51: Realisation

A/n: Taqabbalullah Minna Wa Minkum❤️🕌✨

Sorry it took long to update. For those asking, I'm perfectly okay. I've just been super busy🙂. My school is literally after my life. May Allah make it easy for all of us. I'm just this 🤏🏼 to loosing it lol.

Anyways, let's dig in.

Author's POV

Disclaimer: this chapter is unedited

6000 words

Samir sat crosslegged, bouncing his feet. His eyes travelled to wherever Furei went around thier spacious, luxurious master bedroom. She was trying to compile her drawing items and get to work. He wondered why she seemed as worked up as he was. It was late at night, and Yasmeen was already tucked in the middle of thier bed, sleeping soundly.

"Did you hear about Mimi's Apparels Qalbi?" She began, after she bounced on the sofa he was sitted on, bending one of her feet on it and balancing her drawing book on her thigh.

"How am I supposed to know about your girl stuffs?" He dryly said to his wife, sucking his mouth in. He was in deep thought.

"I can't believe it! My brand hasn't launched for solid two months, yet I already have a rival. Imagine, she located it near Binji Pharmacy. That's not very far from my place! Meyasa wai gasa yyi wa wasu yawa(why r ppl so competitive)?" She ranted as she began dragging the tip of the pencil on the drawing book.

It's obvious that they both had bad days. Furei tend to nag a lot when she was upset, unlike her husband. While Samir on the other hand prefers to keep quiet and calmly tie and loose strings in his brain. Either way, he'd always have a patient listening ear for all of his wife's nagging.

"Kamar yadda kikace, mutane gasa garesu(like you just said, ppl are competitive)" he pointed out, shrugging.

"It's okay to be competitive Qalbi. But at least create something original, and not be a copycat. Wallahi if I see them selling anything similar to my dresses I'll sue them" she continued.

As if that'd be effective. Samir knows that lawsuits aren't very effective in this part of the nation they're in. As long as one could offer a meaty bribe, they could get themselves out of any muddy situation.

"Look at this" she flashed the page she just finished drawing on at his face.

"Tell me what you think. It looks good right?" She asked, peeping.

His wife has a talent for bringing beautiful dresses into life. He has never actually paid attention to female clothing, but somehow, Furei enjoys asking him his opinion on each dress she draws.

"It's nothing like what you wear. Too revealing" he commented. It was an off shoulder long sleeve with overlapping nettings. The body of it looked like it's meant to make a female's curves pronounced. Furei made dresses according to her taste; classy yet modest, but lately she's been going adventurous and hence, accepting customized requests. That's why Samir was a little bit shocked when he saw her draw this. Either way, as long as his Furei always dresses in her beautiful unrevealing flay dresses with fashionable sleeves, he has nothing to worry about.

All this trend about 'having more confidence in your body' nonsense. They're only encouraging girls to commit sin, by exposing thier body to the world.

"It's not for me!" She squealed, laughing "it's what the client described for me"

Samir sighed when she began blathering again. She must've noticed that he wasn't in the mood and tried to bring a new topic up.