Chapter 11: Weirdest wedding night, The next morning

******

Time tend to pass by swiftly when there's people around me, but on a snail pace when I'm all alone. Just like now. I was sitted on my bed, in my rightful matrimonial home with a veiled face. My eyes stared through the chiffon veil onto my henna enriched hands which were clasped together.

I let out a sigh. Honestly I'm going to add five more minutes for Sul. If he doesn't come in I'll be hopping into the bathroom. The white dress I was wearing was of a fish tail nature and a tight one for that matter. It was literally crushing my ribs. My body was already sore from all the busy stuff and the dress was just making things more worse.

The siyen baki ended earlier than I'd expected, especially that not much people were there for it. Sulaiman's friends were few as well as mine, and the fact that his friends were all rich boys and of a similar character as him made the atmosphere so tense that my friends were pressed to leave earlier. Sul told me he'd go see them off, but now it's over thirty minutes and he's still not back.

"Huff" I sighed once again. This sigh I just released brought along knocks on the door which made me nearly jump. I quickly composed myself as Sulaiman pushed the door open gently. I didn't want him to get the idea that I was startled or nervous or anything.

"Bakiyi bacci ba(you're not asleep)?" He asked, standing just beside the door. I don't know what was keeping him from coming closer. And then this question...

"Huh?" I confusedly asked. Cause I did not understand. From what I've seen and heard, we were supposed to talk, pray to Allah to protect our marriage, eat and go to bed... Right? All of a sudden he asks me why I'm not asleep yet. Of course I have to look confused. The Kazan amarci was no where in sight too.

"I suggest you get out of that dress.." he advised

"Oh, okay" I nodded. With that, he shut the door and left. Maybe he was just giving me some space. He'll probably be back when I'm done. But this sucks actually. It completely rivaled what I had imagined. I imagined him to sit close to me, lift my veil up, look into my eyes, tell me romantic words and thank Allah for having me as his wife. No problem though, he'll probably do something similar when he returns.

I took off the veil from my face, feeling happy to get my clear vision back. I opened my wardrobes and scanned through before getting myself some pajamas. I was grateful to whoever arranged my clothes for doing such a great job. Everything was in order, which made it easy for me to locate the pajamas. I contemplated whether to wear a silk nightwear or just pajamas, but I settled for my cotton pajamas as they were comfier and on a night like today I craved nothing more than comfort.

Walking towards the door of my bathroom, I caught a glimpse of myself in the standing mirror located at the corner of the room. I reversed and looked at myself again, appreciating the beauty of this beautiful dress which had elegant stones. It's such a shame that Sulaiman didn't appreciated how good it looked on me. I hopped into the bathroom and took my time having a refreshing bath under the shower with my favorite shower gel. They really did well in arranging this house. Everything I needed was right there.

After bathing, I took my ablution and then came out. I grabbed a long hijab and said my Isha prayers as it's the only prayer I haven't said. Again, it's such a shame. What I imagined was praying it alongside my husband.

After praying, I folded the prayer mat and hijab and returned them into the wardrobe. I climbed the bed and used a pillow to support my head as I leaned on the headboard. I decided to go through some things on my phone to kill time before Sulaiman returns.