Chapter 9- More nightmares

Wednesday noticed Lily starting to move around in her sleep. She shushed her bubbly roommate and looked down at the vampire in her lap. Lily groaned as she shook her head. She started talking in her sleep but it came out in a string of mumbles and was incoherent. Wednesday pulled Lily up onto her lap laying the shy girls head against her chest as she rocked from side to side in a soothing manner. She rubbed circles on the girls back trying to calm her jolting movements. Suddenly Lily gasped her eyes opening. Wednesday could see the utter terror in the vampires eyes and hugged her tighter. Enid didn't say anything,only watching from her bed her eyes wide. Lily looked up at Wednesday her eyes wide with fear.
"It's okay,you're safe. I've got you" Wednesday murmured softly into the girls ear. Lily nuzzled her face into the crook of Wednesday's neck and held her hand tightly, she couldn't say a word. They stayed like that for a while, Enid watched on trying to be quiet as to not disturb them. After what seemed like forever finally Lily was able to get some words out.
"I-I don't know where they're coming from, they keep happening and getting worse" she stammered quietly.
Wednesday kissed the top of Lily's head.
"What are they about?" Wednesday asked cautiously not wanting to push Lily too much.
"I-It's nothing" Lily said quickly as she pulled away from Wednesday before getting up and going into the bathroom without uttering another word. She sat on the floor pulling her knees to her chest and letting out soft sobs. She didn't want to tell Wednesday about the fact that her nightmares were about her parents. Shortly after finding out she was an outcast they had tried putting her into conversation therapy to make her 'normal' again while there she was beaten up and held down as doctors tried to rip her fangs out. She can never ever forget the pain of it physically and mentally. It destroyed her, when her parents realised that it wasn't going to work they disowned her like she was nothing. She wiped her tears with her sleeve and composed herself before walking out of the bathroom.

Wednesday's POV
I hated seeing Lily with so much terror in her eyes, it hurt my chest. She ran off to the bathroom when I asked her about her nightmares. Somethings up, she's not telling me about something and I want to know so I can help. 'You're going soft' Thing gestured to me. I rolled my eyes at him. I Wednesday Addams am not going soft!
Enid spoke up "what happened with Lily?" She mumbled as she looked at me concerned.
"Nightmares" I replied nonchalantly.
"Oh, I feel so bad for her. She hasn't seemed to settle in either. People are mean to her for no reason" Enid whispered to me as to make sure Lily didn't hear her.
"I know. But she's got me now" I mumbled not looking at her.
"You two are so adorable" she beamed.
I glared at her, but secretly agreed.

No ones's POV
Lily walked out of the bathroom and looked at her two roommates. Her eyes were red and puffy which made it obvious she'd been crying.
"Come here love" Wednesday murmured softly as she looked at the vampires pained expression. Lily wondered over to Wednesday and stood looking at her.
"Lay down with me" Wednesday said softly.
Lily sat on the bed and layed back against Wednesday's chest as she looked over at Enid who was staring in awe at her two other roommates. Wednesday played with Lily's hair, as she looked down at her.
"I shouldn't have asked. I'm...sorry" Wednesday mumbled. She was shocked at herself,she never apologised yet here she is. Lily said nothing but turned to look at a Wednesday as she pushed herself up and brushed her lips against the black haired girls and did her best to give a small smile.
"It's okay,I shouldn't have stormed off like that. You only asked" Lily replied her voice was croaky.
She felt goosebumps form on her skin so she snuggled closer to her safe person trying to warm herself up.
"Are you cold?" Wednesday murmured softly.
Lily nodded so Wednesday pulled her blanket over the two of them.
"I can't stay quiet anymore. You two are just so cute!" Enid squealed before snapping a picture of the two on her phone. Wednesday glared again at her bubbly roommate but didn't say anything. She pulled Lily closer and rubbed her back. Lily could hear Wednesday heart beating and it was calming,it soothed her. She never felt so safe in her life,and even though she trusted Wednesday she still couldn't tell the gothic girl about her nightmares because she thought Wednesday would think she's overreacting. They cuddled for the rest of the day, listening to Enid babble about Ajax and how they should all do on a double date together. The blonde was already planning all the places they could go. Lily smiled at her roommates excitement and just being happy that Enid was supportive of her and Wednesday's relationship. Was it relationship? She didn't know she never asked Wednesday what they were now. Soon it was time for dinner, so all three girls walked down to the cafeteria together. Lily wasn't very hungry so she grabbed a bowl of cereal, she was surprised they put cereal out at dinner time but she was glad none the less. Enid had a chicken salad and Wednesday chose tomato soup. None of them really fancied eating in the cafeteria so they took their food to the dorm and sat together in the middle of the room.
"Lily you've barely touched your food are you okay?" Enid asked looking concerned.
"Yeah..I'm fine just not really hungry I guess" Lily mumbled as she played with her food not looking up at the blonde. Enid shrugged her shoulders as she kept eating. Wednesday looked at the vampire slightly concerned too but didn't say anything as to not upset the girl. She hated seeing her sad.

Word count: 1036