Chapter 27- arrested

They arrived at the ice cream parlour in the town nearby. They ordered their ice creams, well apart from Wednesday who complained the whole time about how she loathed ice cream and that it shouldn't be a thing. Lily had explained that the ice cream parlour they were going to didn't just do ice cream and that's when Wednesday finally stopped complaining about it. She had chosen to order pancakes instead. They sat at a table in the far corner and ate in silence. Lily saw the door open and the colour drained from her face when she saw who had entered.
"Lily,are you okay? You've literally gone grey..." Enid asked slightly concerned for her friend. Lily didn't reply she just continued to stare at the group of people who had just walked in. Then, if it was possible,more colour drained from her face and her blood ran cold as she realised they had spotted her. She could see them pointing and laughing before they made their way over.
"Shit" she mumbled.
"Hello Freak! What brings you back to town?" One of them spat.
"Leave" was all Lily muttered in reply.
"We aren't going anywhere. Aw who are your little friends? Finally made some then I see" another chuckled.
"Who are you? And to what do we owe the absolute pleasure of this conversation?" Wednesday hissed sarcasm lacing her voice.
"Aw they speak. Well aren't you scary? All gothic and weird" another commented and they all laughed.
"I would watch yourselfs if I was you" Wednesday mumbled emotionless.
"Shut your mouth. What you gonna do?" The boss of the group hissed as the others snickered beside her. Lily got up quickly and wondered to the bathroom. Enjoy was sat in Enid's lap so she knew he'd be safe with her. The two had a special bond. She splashed cold water on her face when one of the members from the group walked in a smirk on her face.
Lily noticed and backed up slightly.
"Aww scared are we?" The girl snickered.
"What do you want? Can't you leave me alone" Lily mumbled trying to sound confident but it didn't really work. The girl walked up to Lily and grabbed her collar pushing her up against the wall. Lily yelped and fear filled her eyes.
"M-Melanie let me go" she whispered not able to find her voice. Melanie grabbed her chin roughly.
"We told you not to come back here Lily" Melanie grumbled a murderous glare appearing on her face.
"Please just let me go. I was just getting ice cream I'm not doing anyone any harm" Lily squeaked out.
"There's a lot of calories in ice cream lily, you know that. You're already fat" The girl spoke sweetly a fake smile on her face. Lily was about to reply before she felt a hard punch to her face and she dropped to the floor for a second before jumping up into a defensive stance. She bared her fangs to scare the girl and walked towards her.
"I could kill you right now" Lily spoke softly as she ran her finger across one of her fangs showing the fresh blood that now dropped from the tip of it. Melanie backed away against the wall whimpering like a scared animal. Lily took small steps towards the tall girl grinning evilly. She stepped in front of her and looked down a Melanie.
"Please, I'm sorry" Melanie whimpered out.
Lily crouched down close to Melanie threatening to sink her fangs into the scared girl and drain her of every last drop of blood in her body. Her pupils were big and her eyes were jet black. But before anything could happen Wednesday tackled Lily to the floor.
"Lily! What are you doing?!" She yelled pinning her to the floor. Melanie took her chance and ran. Lily was growling as she watched Melanie run off.
"Lily! Stop this right now. As much as I would love to that girl dead for what she's done myself I am not going to let you do it" Wednesday muttered. Lily's eyes went back to normal and her fangs hid back behind her lips, she looked shocked.
"Oh my god.. I could've killed her" She mumbled.
"You wouldn't have killed her. I know you wouldn't have" Wednesday replied reassuringly.
"You're saying that to make me feel better" Lily whispered as she stood up dusting herself off. She left the bathroom and picked up Enzo who was with Enid holding her hand.
"We gotta go" she told the blonde coldly as Wednesday came out of the bathroom. She walked out of the ice cream parlour and didn't even look back to see if her two roommates were following.

*time skip*
They'd all been walking for a while now and Emzo was asleep his head on Lily's shoulder.
"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" they heard someone yell from behind them. They all turned around to see three police officers with tasers pointed at them.
Enid put her hands in the air and looked scared. Enzo woke up looking around at what was going on.
"Lily Forbes! Give the boy to us" Another police officer shouted.
"No! You can't take him" She muttered.
"Give. Him. To. Us" He spoke again ima dangerous tone.
"No!" Sue shouted. All of sudden she felt hands wrap around her and the police officer in front of her ripped Enzo from her arms. Lily fought the two police officers restraining her.
"Lily Forbes, you're under arrest" They spoke placing her in handcuffs. They put all three girls into a police van and Enzo was handed to some woman who looked like a social worker of some sort.
Lily fought against the handcuffs trying not to let the angry tears fall down her face. She kicked and screamed but it did nothing. Two police officers got into the front and the started driving.
"Stop kicking and screaming it'll get you no where" one of the officers hissed.
"You girls are in serious trouble" he told them angrily.

Word count: 1013