Chapter 18- The new principal

It was the next morning and Lily hadn't slept at all,she sat up in her bed staring blankly at the wall. It was 6am when Wednesday awoke,she watched her girlfriend carefully.
"Come here Love" Wednesday called out to the vampire. Lily jumped looking over at her goth girlfriend before standing up and wondering over. Wednesday opened her arms and Lily fell against the black haired girls chest. She immediately felt safe and she snuggled closer.
"Have you slept?" Wednesday asked,her voice hoarse. Lily shook her head no.
"How about you try now? We don't need to be anywhere till 2pm" Wednesday murmured kissing her girlfriends head. Lily nodded again as she closed her eyes. Soon,both girls were fast asleep snuggled together.
At 11am Enid awoke noticing her two roommates asleep together. She stared in awe at them happy her friends were comfortable together. She walked to the bathroom and got herself ready for the day. As she left the bathroom she tripped over some books on the floor and fell causing a loud bang to emit through the room. Lily jumped up quickly baring her fangs looking around for an intruder but only saw Enid on the floor rubbing her sore knee. Lily sighed in relief as she looked at the blonde.
"Sorry Lily I tripped over some books I didn't mean to wake you" Enid whispered.
"You don't need to whisper Enid I'm awake now" Wednesday grumbled from her bed. Enid cringed at her roommates annoyed expression.
"Well I'm going to get a snack from the cafeteria do you guys want anything?" Enid asked politely as she slid her shoes on. Wednesday shook her head.
"Blood" Lily mumbled as she stared into the blonde's eyes.
Enid smiled and nodded at the vampire before skipping out the door.
"Sleep okay?" Wednesday called from behind Lily.
The shy girl nodded turning to face her girlfriend.
"You're so beautiful" Lily blurted out her checks going red. Wednesday found it hard to accept and give complements so she stayed silent and gave the vampires small smile. Lily went over to the black haired girls and curled back up against her chest.
"Someone's extra cuddly today, hey?" Wednesday teased.
Lily whined and glared at her girlfriend.
"Okay,okay I'm sorry Lils" Wednesday apologised as she kissed the vampires lips.
It wasn't long before Enid skipped back in with blood for Lily. The shy girl grabbed it and gulped it down quickly and watched her roommates carefully to make sure they wouldn't take it from her just as she'd done yesterday. Though she knew deep down they wouldn't she was scared to trust people again after what happened over the holidays.
It soon hit 2pm and the three girls walked to the lunch hall. They we're meeting the new principal of Nevermore. Enid couldn't stop talking about who the principal could be, what powers they had or if maybe they were a normie. Lily listened with a small smile on her face oh how she'd missed all of this. Everyone sat in the hall in silence. The three girls had chosen a spot towards the back of the room where they'd be noticed less, Enid and Wednesday had gotten used to Lily's nervousness of people and adapted to it.
A young woman walked out onto the stage,she had short brown hair,fair skin and she wore rounded metal framed glasses.
"Hello students of Nevermore academy. I am your new principal Ms Ambers. I'm happy to have had this opportunity to lead this school" Ms Ambers spoke clearly. She talked for what felt like she's about all the rules and any new things that were going on this term that students were unaware of.
"I like her! She seems nice" Enid beamed as they were walking back to the dorm. Wednesday just rolled her eyes, she didn't like the new principal one but Wednesday thought Ms Ambers was full of herself. They did nothing for the rest of the day apart from unpacking a few more things here and there. Lily had started to feel a little better now that she was back with her two roommates,she cared about them a lot. Enid had suggested a girls night and had managed to get her two roommates to agree to it. So she set up her laptop and put a movie on in the background as she pulled out her nail polishes.
"Let's paint each others nails!" She squealed as tipped the little glass bottles onto the floor.
"No way! I'm not doing this" Wednesday muttered looking disgusted by all the bright colours.
"Pleaseeeeee" Enid begged.
"Fine I'll help you paint your nails but there's no way I'm getting mine done" Wednesday gave in and Enid nodded excitedly. Lily had decided to paint her own while Wednesday painted Enid's. She chose a dark shade of green and she absolutely loved the colour.
"Lily! You were meant to wait for one of us to do your nails" Enid whined a small smile still present on her face.
"You can do Thing's nails" Lily chuckled as thing came running over from Enid's bed. That night was good, though Wednesday and Enid bickered over literally everything. It just made Lily laugh at them.