Chapter 40

Angie didn't get much rest that night. She'd woken up in Jordan's bed to fire as he sat up bolt-right and he turned to her. He'd been about to send her off to sleep again, but now that she knew what he was doing, she wouldn't let him as she demanded she goes with him.

And that night her father got word of a 911 call about a man on fire running with a woman towards the hospital as they chased the Beast. Thankfully the hospital had been evacuated and was empty by the time they got there.

Scott, Stiles and Noah headed up to the fourth floor where they barely missed being hit by said man on fire as he crashed into the wall, the whole corridor partially on fire and covered in scorch marks. As they watched Parrish's fire die down as the slash marks on his chest closed, they heard Angie's roar before she came flying backwards.

And in a blink of an eye, the boys jumped back as Parrish was on fire again and he jumped up to catch her, the force of her body knocking them both back into the wall as they sank to the floor, but Jordan taking the brunt of the impact.

"Angel? Angie, you ok?" Stiles asked nervously as the girl groaned in Jordan's arms.

"I think my leg's broken," she grunted as her father knelt down and felt her leg, Jordan holding her tighter as he snapped the bone back into place and she jerked.

"Parrish? Angie, you two alright?" Noah asked worriedly as he saw the dried blood and soot that covered both of them.

"I think so," Jordan answered as they both panted heavily.

"It's masking its scent. I can't track it," Angie revealed, completely exhausted as Scott saw the bloody paw prints that turned into shoeprints.

"Alright, let's get your two home and in bed. You've gotta get to work in the morning," Noah said and Angie only groaned again as Stiles helped her up and Noah helped up Jordan.

The two of them had taken to showering together because somehow, they always ended up missing patches of char or dried blood on their skin.

Jordan, however, was still scared of himself and what he was able to do. He was scared he'd hurt Angie even though they'd just proved that his fire can't hurt her. Rather it healed all of the scratches and bruises she had on her skin. Scratches and bruises that she was sure were going to reappear when she heard the completely asinine plan her brother had concocted to get Lydia out of Eichen after getting their father's blessing when he revealed that there was nothing that could be done legally to get her out.

Stiles had stolen a key card from Eichen and he wanted to use Kira's kitsune powers to cause a brownout to trigger a reboot that would reset the key card with a code that would let him get into the closed unit and get Lydia out.

Completely insane and there were only a million possibilities that something could go wrong, which was on par for them.

Her brother had also explained that they could take care of the majority of the plan, he just needed her help convincing a certain someone to help them get into Eichen in the first place.

"That's the worst plan I've ever heard," Jordan said as he slid the car keys across the desk and back to Stiles.

"Okay the plan is perfect and it'll work perfectly, especially if you agree to drive the van," Stiles retorted as he slid the keys back, rather proud of the plan he'd created.

"Is your dad on board with this?" Jordan asked.

"How did you think I got the keys?"

"I thought you stole them," he replied with an obvious expression.

"While that is a perfectly reasonable assumption, I did not steal them. Ask Angie. And we need you because all of the Eichen guards know all of the Sheriff's deputies. We need a real deputy and one who won't ask questions."