Chapter 99

Chaos surged around Stiles, and he knew it was fuelling the Nogitsune as his friends fought the Oni. He stood a little while away from the bottom of the altar stairs as he aimed his gun at the bandaged figure on top.

"Divine move?" the creature growled as it started down the stairs. "Divine move?! You think you have any moves at all? You can kill the Oni, but me? Me?! I'm a thousand years old! YOU CAN'T KILL ME!"

Stiles turned off the safety as his eyes welled with tears at the sound of the very words that had been bellowed at him 15 years ago by his own voice and his own face. He took a shuddering breath as the Nogitsune reached the bottom of the stairs and a tear slid down his face.

"Watch me."

And the sound of his gunshot silenced the battle as it nailed the Nogitsune right in the middle of its forehead - if it even had a forehead.

Everyone watched as the Nogitsune cried out and disappeared in a burst of black smoke and green light.

Eli then shifted all by himself as he freed his father from his ropes, both of them combining their strength together to snap the ropes. Stiles then ran for his father as Chloe ran for her parents, Scott and Allison to theirs.

"Mom, I'm sorry-"

"Shh! It's over. It's ok. I'm ok. Everything's fine," her mother said as she held her, Jordan enveloping them both in a hug after making sure Angie wasn't hurt.

"Angel!" called a voice and Angie beamed as she let go of her daughter and went bounding over to her brother.

"Thanks for the save, Mischief," she said as she hugged him.

"Thanks for calling," he returned as they pulled away and another body barrelled into him. "Whoa! Hey, Peanut. Look at you all grown up," he said as he squooshed her in a hug and she laughed into his chest.

"You saw me last Christmas, Uncle Stiles," she said as he kissed her head.

"That was almost a year ago. And look at you fighting bad guys. You kicked ass, Peanut."

"I know," she beamed as Angie smiled at the scene.

"Alright, Mischief and Mayhem are back together. Where's Madness?" she asked.

"Present," called Theo as he raised his hand and jogged over, Angie embracing him warmly. They were all very appropriate names considering that anytime Mischief, Mayhem and Madness were together, it usually ended up with all of them in the Sheriff's office and Stiles using his big FBI status and his ability to suck up to his sister to get them all out of trouble with the Sheriff.

"I don't suppose, I get a hug?" Deucalion asked as he came over and Angie obliged before Chloe followed suit. "How's my princess?"

"Better now that all of you are here," she smiled. Though they spoiled her rotten, Angie allowed it for the most part because it's how her daughter knew that she was loved by more than just the people that resided in Beacon Hills.

"No love for Uncle Peter?" asked Peter as he fixed his coat which was probably Italian and the reason why he wouldn't discard it for better range of motion like a normal person. And Chloe ran into his arms and she laughed before the person she really wanted to hug neared her.

Eli shifted back to human form before he hugged her as if he never wanted to let her go his hands splayed on her back as no air was even able to get between them and Chloe looped her arms around his neck.

"You're ok," he breathed into her hair, inhaling the coconut scent he always loved.

"I'm ok? You're ok! And you shifted too!"

His smile was sheepish. "I also scored the game-winning goal."

"I told you so. I told you, you could do it!" she exclaimed as she hugged him again and Eli smiled like there was nowhere else he'd rather be in the world.

And Derek and Angie simply smirked at each other as they watched their children together.

"She is too young to have a boyfriend," Theo said.

"And you're really going to let her date the literal carbon copy of him? Mister wanted for murder over three times in two different continents," Stiles added as he pointed and Derek who just rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I do think it's time I met this Eli fellow properly. Let him know what he's getting into," Deucalion piped up.

"No, I get to meet him first. I'm her uncle," Stiles said.

"And so am I," Deucalion countered.

"So am I," added Theo.

"Please, Angie took pity on you both. And I am the one related to her by blood. I get first dibs on meeting the boyfriend and -"

"Oh, for the love of god, will you all shut up?!" Angie exclaimed, Chloe and Eli still too wrapped up in each other to hear the battle of the bickering uncles. "The only person who will be deciding what's best for Chloe is Chloe. And then comes me and Jordan, i.e., her parents. Her grandfather comes next and then you three can bicker for placement."

"I save your ass, again, and this is how I'm treated? Unbelievable," Stiles muttered before he was finally approached by Scott. The two boys embraced each other as they clapped one another on the back. "Man, it's good to see you."

"Good to see to see you too," Scott said before he pulled away and Allison stood next to him.

"Hi Stiles," she muttered, and he was a little apprehensive about seeing her again. He'd never been especially close with Allison, it was mainly just for Scott's sake. And now, though she couldn't really be blamed for it, she'd tried to kill his family plus Derek and his son for the second time.

So, he settled for a friendly, "Hey, Allison," before giving her a short hug, and then returning to his family.

"I hate to rain on this parade," Deaton spoke, "But I don't think we're done yet."

And things could never just be easy as the Nogitsune limped towards them - not dead, just like everyone else in this town.

Not only that but, in the distance behind the creature loomed the Nemeton. Just like it had been in Lydia's dream.