Chapter 70

Theo had sat with Angie at her dinner table as she placed a plate of chicken pasta in front of him. He'd been freshly showered and changed into a pair of jeans and one of Stiles' old t-shirts that was a little tight on him but fit, nonetheless. After that, he'd passed out on the softest bed he'd ever slept on for what felt like seconds, but when Angie shook him awake to come and eat, he realised it had already been almost two hours.

She didn't talk. She didn't push him or pull him into any form of conversation until he was ready to talk. It started with his compliments on her food and then it moved onto how Jordan did most of the cooking and then put the ring on her finger. By the time they were both done, they were laughing. Neither of them would've ever really believed the situation if you'd told them about it a month or even a week ago. Until they were in the moment, they had no idea that they were even capable of civility after all that happened.

Jordan even eventually came home and though he was initially wary of the chimera being inside his house, he soon fell into an easy rhythm as he sat beside Angie at the table and ate with Theo sitting opposite them, smiles surprisingly adorning all their faces.

Jordan then offered to do the dishes once he'd finished eating and Theo turned to Angie before he went back to bed. "Thank you," he said, and she gave him a full smile.

"You're welcome," she returned before he disappeared into the guest room, but even with the door closed, he could hear the sound of slow music playing and Angie laughing as Jordan twirled her around the room, dancing like they did the first time she came to his apartment.

And Theo couldn't help but wonder if it was possible for him to be that happy.

He was met with a rude awakening the next morning.

Angie had come to wake him for breakfast only to find the bed still unmade but no Theo in sight. With him not being in the bathroom either, Jordan had suggested that Theo had simply left but Angie couldn't ignore the feeling in her gut. And when she looked at the security cameras, her hunch was proved correct.

Theo had simply gone back to his car to get his phone when he had been ambushed but hunters. They'd been in the parking garage of her apartment building. While the building itself was near impossible to break into without her security system going off, the parking garage was a lot easier to break into.

Which was why she'd already ordered more security measures for the parking garage, something she'd also left a message for Derek about only for him to still not respond.

Forget the FBI and the hunters, she was going to kill him when she found him.

But right now, they had a new problem that kind of put looking for Theo a little lower on their priority lists.

Figuring out what the hell Lydia's premonition meant before they all died. Otherwise, there'd be no point in saving Theo.

"Was that the sound you heard?" Angie asked as Jordan swiped his key card through the key reader on the holding cell.

"No, it was something else," the Banshee answered.

The two adults sighed as they returned to the bullpen.

"It could be any kind of public facility," Jordan pointed out they just exhausted their second attempt at finding the sound. It wasn't the key reader at the high school library, and it wasn't the reader there. "A hospital, a fire station, or...."

"Don't say it!" Angie pleaded with her eyes closed as her hands cupped her elbows and Jordan leaned on his desk.

"A mental institution," Lydia said and Angie's sigh wasn't just heavy, it was also pained.

"Eichen house."

"The card readers on the doors?" Jordan clarified.

"It's the Closed Unit," Lydia confirmed.

"Lydia Martin, you are not going anywhere near Eichen, much less the Closed Unit," Angie reprimanded.

"What if there's a connection to the dead hellhound?" she whispered.

"What if you go there again and someone tries to kill you? Which, by the way, happens every time you go in there," Jordan countered.

"It's our only lead," Lydia insisted.

"Lyds, you are not going near that place," Angie persisted.

"Then let me take your hellhound. That place can't hold him," Lydia rebutted and Jordan rose to his full height.

"Or, I could go alone," he suggested as he picked up his keys and began to head for reception, his fiancée following after him with a dropped jaw.

"The hell you are, Jordan," she spat, Lydia on her heels.

"Angie-"

"I'm coming with you."

"You can't get through the mountain ash unless I burn through it and last time I did that, the Dread Doctors got into Eichen and did god knows what!" he retorted, and she bit her lips nervously as he held her arms. "I'll be in and out. It'll be fine. I-"

"Don't you dare promise me that it'll be fine," she snapped. "You don't know that. And you don't know what goes on in Eichen. They could be ready for you after last time."

"And if that happens then I know you'll come and rescue me," he replied.

"But the mountain ash-"

"Angie, nothing can stop you from getting to me if I'm hurt. You know it and I know it. It will be fine. We still have a wedding to plan anyway," he said with a smirk and the diamond on her finger seemed to sparkle brighter.

"You get one hour. If I don't hear from you in one hour, I will burn that place to the ground," she swore, and he his smile was enough to make your knees weak. Lydia was rather surprised that Angie was still standing considering that it was aimed at her.

"I don't doubt that," he said as he pecked her lips. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

And Lydia only moved forward to squeeze Angie's hand as they watched Jordan walk out of the Sheriff's station by himself.