Chapter 12

Angie hadn't had the chance to tell Jordan anything, however. She hadn't even had the chance to meet up with him to explain anything because her dad had called to tell her that the CDC - the centre for disease control - had put the high school under quarantine with Scott, Stiles and the entire junior class inside.

As her father had suspected, it was another assassin. This one was named the Chemist and he'd engineered a virus to infect the everyone inside, the humans healing after a while but the supernatural losing control of their transformations before they lost their sight and eventually their lives.

Because that's what happened to Satomi's entire pack who'd hidden in the woods.

Derek, Melissa and Deaton had been at the hospital trying to figure out what the virus was and how to fight it when they discovered how Satomi hadn't been infected.

It was tea. Tea made from wild purple reishi mushrooms.

And they were so lucky that Derek's mother kept some of it in the vault where they'd all been hiding. They'd disguised Rafael in one of the protective suits the CDC had after Angie stole it and he'd gone in with the message that Angie had received from Derek.

And when it was all over, Angie would be forever indebted to Rafael McCall. Because he saved her little brother who'd had a gun held to his forehead by the Chemist after he refused to tell him where Scott and everyone else were for visual confirmation. He'd been called back to San Francisco for an evaluation because he'd killed the man, but he'd promised to return. And when he did, he wanted the same explanation Jordan did.

The kids were ok, except for Stiles who'd lost Malia.

She'd found the dead pool list that listed her as Malia Hale because as it turned out, she was Peter's daughter. Peter Hale was a father.

Angie had been a bit peeved that they'd kept the information from her but she quickly got over it, especially when her brother knocked on her bedroom door and asked if he could stay, fear and heartbreak the only emotions on his face. She'd pulled the covers back and let him crawl into her bed as she began to sing softly. And Stiles had been out like a light as she'd sung the lullaby her mother used to sing for them.

Angie felt terrible that she still couldn't provide the answers Jordan was looking for the next day either because her pack had come up with the most insane, idiotic and borderline crazy idea to try and catch the Benefactor.

They killed Scott.

That was their plan. They killed Scott. Sort of.

Kira had used her kitsune powers to slow his heartbeat down to the point where he appeared dead. And he had 45 minutes before he'd actually be dead if Kira didn't restart his heart properly. And they needed her help.

She apologised profusely to Jordan who said it was fine and he knew she'd keep her promise, so long as she actually called him if something went wrong. She couldn't do that but she promised to call him when it was over and when she was ok.

He was reluctant about it but he had no choice but to trust her and she'd already asked her dad to make sure that he stayed at the station no matter what. Something he couldn't do when he got an almost debilitating pain in his stomach and finally trusted the gut feeling he had for weeks that that pain had something to do with Angie.

Angie who stood in front of a fallen Chris and a scared Stiles as she faced Kate in the morgue, Kate who'd come for Scott's body.

"I don't believe we've met Katie," Angie smirked as she stood in a casual position with a hand on her hip. 

Angie, wasn't it? The supercharged murderous alpha. Can't say I'm very intimidated," Kate replied as she ran her eyes over the girl's body and the combat boots, skinny jeans and fitted black long-sleeve shirt.