19 - watch the thrones

<•>

<•>

"you're mothers dying today. are you not at all worried?" Amelia asks as she continues to draw.

"she's never been my mother. she's a lunatic." Roan says throwing his knife at the wall.

"she still raised you, fed you. you must feel some love for her." Amelia says.

"a little. but all that left when she decided to banish me." Roan says.

"maybe, maybe not. you say that now but maybe you'll feel differently when she's on the verge of death." Amelia says.

"I doubt it." Roan says but before Amelia could say anything, the guards come in.

"It's time to go trikova gona." the guard says as Amelia nods.

"guess our times up." Roan says.

Amelia rips out her drawing from the notebook and leaves it on his table. "good luck prince." Amelia says as she leaves the room.

Roan goes to the table where she left her drawing and picks it up. it was a portrait of him.

he examines the drawing for a while and smiles. he liked the the presence of Amelia, it was warm. something he'd never had before.

so he proofed the paper and placed the drawing in his pocket.

<•>

"Ambassadors of the coalition, today we honor our covenant. the clan that stands against one of us, stands against us all." Lexa says.

"bring in the accused." Titus says as the guards bring in Queen Nia. Amelia looks at Roan who was already looking at her.

she mouths 'be brave' as he nods. "Queen Nia of Azgeda has confessed to the destruction of Mount Weather. resulting in the death of 49 members of skaikru. Wanheda, what says you?" Titus asks.

"skaikru demands justice." Clarke responds.

"Ice Nation does not answer to this girl!" Nia says.

"Silence. the punishment for your crime is death. do you have anything to say in your defense?" Titus asks.

"I need no defense. she does. today is judgment day, I call for a vote of no confidence." Nia says as Lexa stands.

"take this queen to meet her fate." Titus says.

"not so fast. commander no longer." and ambassador says.