28 - tinder box

<•>

<•>

Amelia had marched with her army to Arkadia. they were ready to kill anyone and everyone within its walls if they didn't give up their ship.

Amelia couldn't believe what was happening, she had to destroy her people. wipe them out. but that's what she had to do. that's what the commanders were telling her to do.

as she marched with Roan and Echo at her side, she looks ahead to find a familiar face blocking their path. Clarke.

Amelia lifts her hand up for the army to stop. "halt!" echo yells as the army stops behind her.

"they knew we were coming. they were warned." Roan says as Amelia's eyes widen.

Octavia. she was the only one who knew about this, it was the only possible outcome. "Octavia?" Amelia asks looking at echo.

"theres no way Octavia survived my blade commander, or that fall." Echo says.

"we need to talk!" Clarke yells.

"it's too late for that Clarke." Amelia says as she nods at Roan.

"archers, target wanheda." roan says as they listen.

"my queen." echo says looking down on Amelia.

Amelia looks down to find herself being targeted. she looks up on the rocks to find Skaikru soldiers surrounding them.

Amelia nods at echo, "bring the prisoners." echo says as the guards bring in Bellamy and Marcus.

"your move wanheda." Roan says.

"ten minutes is all I ask." Clarke says as Amelia hesitates.

she nods at roan and gets off her horse as he follows. "wait where is she going? what if it's a trap?" echo asks.

"it is a trap, and we're already in it. if they shoot, kill the prisoners." Amelia says as Bellamy and Marcus look at each other.

"let's go Dax." Amelia says as Dax follows her and roan.

Amelia follows Clarke into a cave with roan behind her. "so Clarke, I expect you've come up with a way to protect your people yet again." Amelia says.

"they're your people too." Clarke says.

"not anymore Clarke." Amelia says.