26 - heavy lies the crown

<•>

<•>

today was the day. Amelia would get married to Roan and become the true commander.

it was truly stupid, she had to marry a guy to be recognized as a ruler. but if she didn't do it, Azgeda would have her and her people killed.

she had put on a silk white dress while Octavia did her hair. she had learned to do small braids from Lincoln.

"thank you for doing this." Octavia says.

"we all have our role to play. just depends how well you play it." Amelia responds.

"I'm done." Octavia says as Amelia gets up from her seat. "you look beautiful."

"thank you." Amelia responds with a warm smile.

"one final touch." Octavia says as she gets the bracket Finn had made her and puts it around Amelia's wrist.

"I wish he were here." Amelia says trying to hold back her tears.

"he is." Octavia responds as Amelia smiles and pulls her in for a hug.

"so is Lincoln. right here." Amelia says as she places her hand over Octavia heart. Octavia gives her a small smile and nods.

"good luck out there." Octavia says as Amelia nods and leaves the room.

Amelia heads to the doors of the throne room to find her father waiting for her. he smiles as he sees her and holds out his hand as she takes it.

"you look beautiful honey." he says as Amelia smiles nervously.

"don't let me fall dad." Amelia says as Marcus lets out a small laugh.

"never." he replies as the door opens.

she finds Roan at the front of the room waiting for her. she walks down the pathway with her father in hand.

she looks around the crowd to find her friends, but no Bellamy. she could feel herself wanting to throw up. she had too much emotions right now.

he didn't make it. what she didn't know was that he was too busy drinking in the rover waiting for the ceremony to be over.

he wasn't going to stand there and watch her marry another man. who knew what he would do if he had to witness that.

she makes it down the pathway and in front of the throne. Gaia was in the middle, she would be the one to hold the ceremony.