18

Monaco Grand Prix Weekend

2016

Lewis wasn't feeling too optimistic about the weekend ahead. The season had not been going his way, and after the previous weekend's collision, his friendship with Nico was practically non-existent.

It had not been a secret that the formerly good pal's relationship had been strained by being teammates. Both of them had promised one another that everything would stay on the track, but that was easier said than done. Especially when Lewis had dominated the past few seasons, Nico was getting increasingly frustrated that he couldn't match the Brit.

However, 2016 was going his way. Finally.

Nico was ahead in the points, and Lewis was yet to register a win. It seemed like the season was playing into the Germans' hand, and there was nothing Lewis could do about it.

When Mercedes arrived in Monaco, it felt to Lewis that it would be another weekend to forget. Through the practice sessions, Lewis had been trailing Nico, who seemed to be able to handle the car on the streets of Monaco better than he could. It was infuriating.

Press had been tense, and for the first time, Lewis had been one being grilled. He used to find it hilarious watching Nico squirm at the questions of why he couldn't match him, but now Lewis was finally experiencing the scrutiny that Nico had been for years. Lewis was not a fan of it.

"Who is that with your sister?" Lewis asked as they walked into the Mercedes motorhome and saw the blonde girl sitting on the knee of a tanned young chap.

Lewis had been looking forward to seeing Daisy this weekend, as it was the first race weekend of the season that his girlfriend, Nicole, could not attend. It seemed ironic that the calendar's glitziest weekend was the one she would miss. Nevertheless, Lewis knew that Daisy would put a smile on his face, as she had done so many times before.

Nico rolled his eyes.

"That's Hector' Nico informed the Brit as he opened the door.

Lewis was taken aback by the words leaving his teammate's mouth. "Hector?" Lewis questioned, not quite believing Nico. "Who is that?"

The German scowled. "Her boyfriend, Lewis?"

He didn't want to be conversing with Lewis about anything, let alone his little sister's dating life. Why Lewis cared was beyond Nico.

"Daisy has a boyfriend?" Lewis gasped, shocked at what Nico had just confirmed. "Didn't they break up like two years ago?"

"They got back together, rekindled over the Winter break", Nico huffed before pulling out his ID to scan. "He plays for the team you like, you know," Nico added.

How could Daisy be back with Hector? And why didn't Lewis know about this? Sure he wasn't as close to Nico anymore to be part of the Rosberg's inner circle, but he thought that Daisy would have told him. After all, Lewis had spent hours talking about his relationship with Nicole to the young Rosberg.

Lewis cocked a brow and let out a short sigh. So he wouldn't have Nicole here, and now Daisy had turned up with some guy that wasn't good enough for her. Great.

"He plays for Arsenal?" Lewis asked, somewhat disappointed that he didn't recognise the player, although that might have something to do with the blonde locking lips with him.

Nico shrugged. "Daisy says he's been injured for a while,"

Lewis hummed to himself and chewed on his lip.

The only thing on the defending champ's mind was producing an excellent qualification and then somehow beating Nico to P1 tomorrow. However, it was not going to be easy, everything was going against him, and now he had to watch this guy all over Daisy.