35

Los Angeles. The City of Angels, or The City of Devils?

Daisy had touched down on the West Coast four days ago, and for the last three days the only place you'd find the blonde was the bar.

After her chat with Max Verstappen where the blonde had let him in on exactly why she wasn't smiling so much recently, Daisy had turned to champagne. Luckily, she wasn't a stranger to the LA nightlife scene, and so, from the outside, Daisy partying with the likes of Justin Bieber and Harry Styles wasn't out of the ordinary.

However this was three races ago, and Lewis now had a comfortable lead on the championship. Nobody was counting Nico out, but everyone's bet was on the Brit.

What was out of the ordinary however, was Daisy rejecting Lewis's calls. She blamed the time difference between them, but that wasn't the reason. The demons of lying to the one man who had always been on her side had become too much.

"Are you okay?" A concerned Adriana asked trying to catch the shoulder of an inebriated Daisy. A giggle left the blonde's mouth. "I think we should go back to the hotel?" The MUA insisted.

Daisy was in no state to disagree given that she could barely stand up. The music was pounding, and Adriana was worried that Daisy was about to dash back into the crowd. It had been hell the last 24 hours trying to contain her best friend.

It was a known fact to Adriana that any chat Daisy had with Max usually played on the models mind for a while. He had this annoying habit of calling the blonde out, any, and every bullshit tone she tried to speak.

"And maybe some water?" The MUA frantically remarked. The bodyguard who followed Daisy nodded. "I haven't seen her party this much since...well um, I've never seen her like this!" Adriana mumbled.

Adriana and Daisy had had some wild nights out in their time, but this was out of character for Daisy. She was well contained, and generally preferred an epic makeup shopping spree with a cute cocktail or glass of champagne than funnelling vodka out of a bottle.

"He's.... he will hate me," Daisy muttered gripping onto the water bottle placed before her. "I will hurt him more than he could ever hurt me, I broke his trust, and I didn't even realise it," She made a lot of sense for someone who had been drinking for days.

As her best friend sprawled out onto the sofa Adriana saw that Daisy's phone was bleeping out of control. She didn't want to pry, but something had set Daisy off, and Adriana wanted to know what chaos was unfolding.

Usually Daisy would talk about it, she hated bottling things up inside, but Adriana knew that whatever was bothering her wasn't simple. That pointed to it being related to her surname. Rosberg drama was never simple, it was chaotic and deep, and Adriana wondered whether it had finally caught up with Daisy.

Whatever it was there would be no judgement as there never was between the two girls, but Adriana wanted to get ahead of it. She wanted to know how she could be there for her best friend.

Expecting irate messages from her brother, Adriana got the ultimate shock when she saw the tens of missed calls from Lewis and his trail of messages from the last 48 hours.

•••