Chapter 5

The professor commenced the lecture once again, elucidating about some business function, I never peered back at Aiden again. Now and then, Lucy threw comments about lectures being boring and how could she use this precious time being in bed and watching Netflix. I laughed at her foolish behavior, but my smile never wiped out my face. Prevailing in her charming personality, the feeling was there that we could be great friends.

After the lectures were over, she promised we will meet next day certainly. Lucy and neither Aiden, share any other class with me. University was just as perfect as I imagined, with professional teachers who made concepts effortless to learn, infrastructure speaks of luxury. I couldn't ask for more.

As the afternoon neared, the sky, which turned into a beautiful canvas and graced with shades of blue and white, looked like heaven. The warmth of the sun caresses nature to bring them alive.

A beautiful sunny day it was.

Not having a car was a unique kind of luxury only a few people can possess, as we can walk and communicate with nature, I was one of the fortunate ones to have this strange gift. Busking in the delicious intoxicating sunlight, I let out a sigh. Strolling never felt so pleasant in a long time.

Peace and freedom.

That's what I was filled with.

Regardless of the freedom, there was still a presence of loneliness in the back of my mind, the loneliness which was desperately longing for solace. As I was wandering by the sidewalk, my wondering curious eyes found a park in distance, instinctively, my leg carried me to the park for revealing the secrets and history the ground hold.

It was undersized.

A large tree stood providing its tranquil and cool shadow for the passerby. Deliberately, I took sit beneath the tree.

Pure silence fell.

My gaze calculates the surrounding, barely, two or three passersby wondering. A small family contained four members sitting on the bench, children swinging on swings, and pair laughing with joy.

Instantly, I tasted jealously, and it tasted bitter.

Only if I could repel the time and relive every moment with my parents when I didn't have to be concerned about a thing; when I used to cry for chocolate, not because of hurtful words my own mother had said.

My gaze averted from them and landed on the ground, my throat constricted, watching a happy family that only I can dream of. Unwilling to leave my newfound heaven, I decided to complete my college work there and there.

Time flew by without me acknowledging, and the assignment was completed, regardless of it, I didn't wish for the bubble to burst, but I had to reach the dormant room as evening was approaching soon.

All I knew was I founded my secret heaven.

I arrived at my room in no time, as I unlocked the door there was no sign of Grace rather there, I found a figure sitting on the couch with its back towards me. The lights were dim, a disadvantage for me

Fear gripped me.

A stranger was in the room.

Don't be silly Emerald, the building is well secured, robbers won't rob the college-going student room.

I took a step forward and called, " Excuse me? Who are you?"

The figure whirled around, and I stood there dumbfounded.

Aiden slowly strolled towards me with smirked plaster on his face. My heart was thundering, all the tranquility evaporated and the ragging volcano of butterflies erupted in my stomach.