Chapter 20

I unleashed a heavy sigh while shutting the laptop, another job application was rescinded. Past two days, several applications were sent, however, only negative response is received from their side.

Not existing college funds have made it difficult to endure all college expenses. All my savings would finish shortly, so finding a job became a necessity if I strived to continue college, and I really wanted to complete my college.

"Emerald? What happened?" Lucy inquired, from beside me, then glanced at the laptop, "Another rejected?" she resumed, studying my crestfallen face.

I nodded.

Past two days, we served each other the support that we both needed. She doesn't know anything about what happened between me and Aiden but she could sense my distress but didn't voice it out, instead, we both stayed for each other.

I was dwelling in her dorm room as her roommate had yet to return from her grandparent's visit and I didn't prefer to confront Aiden, after that day on campus, heading to my dormitory would naturally indicate encountering Aiden. Nevertheless, his harsh terms flicker time and again in my head.

You were just another girl.

And every time, when it happens, my heart clenched in agony. Simply thinking about him stimulated a conflagration of misery.

" -University, so why not apply for Roosevelt Ambiance, they appeared under ten biggest companies in the world." I have so immersed in my emotions that Lucy's ranting falls deaf on my ears, exclusion to one word -Roosevelt Ambiance.

" What did you say?" I explored, with heightened alertness.

" I was saying, Roosevelt ambiance selects ten candidates from our university for internship and later provides placement based on their potential and talent in their company from last two years. Why don't you apply for it, it's a great opportunity." Lucy explained again, not bothering me that my attention was divided earlier.

" Are you talking about the Roosevelt Ambiance, whose proprietor is Eric Roosevelt? and who inhabited the world's largest charity foundation?" I cried out, my eyes widening in surprise.

" You speculated correct, I must say, you already have plenty of information about the company." Lucy mumbled, lightheartedly.

Roosevelt Ambiance. Roosevelt Ambiance was world's one of the largest industries that had its hands dissipated into various sectors from clothing lines to the technology industry, what supplementary fascination about this company was they possessed the world's largest charity foundation where fifty percent of their profit goes to the underprivileged community through their charities. The owner of the company Eric Roosevelt, age fifty, is a very reserved and judicious man, there wasn't much information regarding him, considering him being a wallflower but tales that flew around often characterized him as generous and witty.

You have all probably been marveling at my knowledge and fascination regarding the subject, so allow me to enlighten you about trivial facts concerning me. When you evolve from infant to juvenile and from juvenile to adulthood, numerous times, with our emotions our aspirations fluctuate. We discovered ourselves with time and circumstances we encountered, thus we either blossom into beautiful flowers or wilt. So, when one very fine day, my beloved father returned home from his diligent job, the adolescent version of myself confessed to him that, one day I aspired to become like him. He was a social worker.

" Really?" he said, in surprise.

" Yes, I wish to somehow help people like you do," I mumbled, in a high pitch.

" Well, if that's what you want, you can achieve it," he caresses my cheek, happiness glinting in his eyes.

"But, I don't know how to, will you guide me?" I implored, he let out a chortle and pick me up, and settled me on his lap. I was embraced by the safest and most affectionate strong arms.