Chapter 31

The massive entrance and beautiful surroundings stood before me which often had surprises me with its elegance. I wandered further and executed some securities inspection, and in diminutive moments, I was standing before the expensive wood door.

After ringing a doorbell, a familiar face greeted me which a perplexed expression. " Miss?" She was the same lady who assisted me to fetch my bracelet when I forgot it here.

" I came here to meet Aiden," I said quickly, she glanced behind her back with uncertainty and looked at me.

" I don't think it a suitable time to meet him."

" He knows I am coming. I won't be a bother, I promised" I lied to her because only my fabrication will lead me to him. He doesn't know that I was coming nor was I could be certain that I won't be a bother but I wanted to see him, to assure myself that he was fine. He needed me.

" If you insist..." With incredulous movements, she stepped away from the door. Without paying heed to the lady, I hurried to the direction of his room, my manners submerged then at the time because the need to reach Aiden was a foremost necessity.

I ascended the stairs and halted in front of his door. A wild silence enveloped the surroundings and the doom from indoors were drifting through the air outwards. I turned the knob in hope that a miracle would occur and this door be unlocked because if not that, then it was impossible to admit inside. In his consonance, he will certainly not accept anyone inside, when he was so vulnerable, so when, to my surprise the knob unlocked, I unleashed a heavy sigh of relief.

The entire room appeared a dark hole, that was swallowing the vivacious energy of the surrounding. The only light illuminated was the lamp that sits beside the king-size bed, and that brilliant golden light fell on Aiden's distressed face. He was reclined on the bed, light glowing from the lamp flickered, he was intentionally doing it. Possibly, there was a book in his hand which I speculated from the silhouette. The solitary aspect which was rusting the serenity of space was the consecutive buzzing of the phone which he was purposefully avoiding. I switched on the lights but not too many. The light which was presently glowing was sufficient to provide the same stillness, however, it was now lenient to determine the surrounding.

The buzzing of the phone ceased.

The light and the sound of my footsteps urged him to look at the intruder. His face was gawking at me in surprise, however, there was another layer, that expressed the turmoil he was suffering from. In the utmost imperturbable atmosphere, the buzzing of the phone resumed which he once again bluntly ignored.

We both engaged in a staring contest which continued until the phone ringing halted, his posture was stiff.

Who was calling so many times and why was he not answering the phone?

"Just like you hate the invasion of privacy, I am not fond of it too, so can you tell me what are you doing in my room?" His voice was low but there was an additional emotion that I never thought I could ever be acquainted with. He sounded defeated. His exterior only exhibited excellence but his majestic eyes were speaking myriads emotions and among many doom was accentuated.

"I am here because-" I asserted and stepped nearer to him. He kept the book aside and sat straight. "You need me."

" No," he turned his face in a opposite direction, so his soft hairs covered head was in my slight. " I don't need you."

Raw irritation pulsed through my veins, he constantly insulated himself and he fear to unveil his vulnerable self but this time his coldness or cruel remarks wouldn't be a defender for him.

"Why can't you for one time admit that you need help, that you too are vulnerable at times, it's okay to feel emotion." I cried out, his head spun in my direction and he was at his feet in no seconds. His exterior was bitter and his eyes glazed into the coldest sheen.