Chapter 56

I woke up covered in sweat, my throat feeling dry as Sarah's desert.

Nightmare.

I glanced at the ancient clock that hung on the wall of my bedroom, it was a quarter to three. How could I even sleep when that man was in the same vicinity as me? Earlier, when I came in the room, firstly, I locked my room and window, and placed the chair, touching the door so there was no way he could come inside.

There was utmost silence in the entire house that one could hear the dropping of the pin. Thirst, thirst hit me hard and the empty jug in the room was a disappointment.

I had to go downstairs to bring water.

I assumed Maverick would be retired by now, after all, he just came for a dinner. Slowly, I gilded down the stairs, feeling uncertain dread in my chest.

When I reached the kitchen there was a shadow lurking in the corner, kitchen lights were off just a small bulb light was glowing above the counter. When the shadow stepped out in the dim light, my heart dropped.

Maverick.

A tendril of fear fell over me, and my knees trembled in the apprehension. He was standing near the table with an alcohol bottle in his hand and his bloodshot eyes were evident that he was drunk.

"Emerald," he smirked. "It's good to see you again, I hope you didn't miss me much."

Regret.

All I was stuck with the regret, then at the moment. Perhaps sustaining my dry throat was good rather than heading into the kitchen and confronting this despicable man. I shouldn't have come.

Playing no heed to his gibberish talks, I turned around to saunter back into my room. Thirst was not the vital aim for me rather creating miles of distance between me and this awful man was.

Then I felt it.

A shadow.

My heart thudded.

With a sharp tug, I was pushed to the counter and he was hovering over me. In an instant, his one hand covered my mouth, and the other hand started to descend from my forehead to my cheeks.

" You are beautiful," his eyes were pitch black and held a menacing look.

"P-Please stop." I implored when his hand loosened over my mouth.

He didn't stop.

His fingers continued to travel from my cheek to my neck. I quivered under his malicious touch, and my heart thumped at an alarming rate. I recoiled at his touch.

"So, you would let that sweet boyfriend of yours touch you but not me that's not fair." My mouth went dry, and sweat covered my forehead.

He was taking satisfaction in my distress. The first tear of fear fell from my eyes followed by tears of pain, tears of hatred towards this man, and tears of anger. I felt so helpless, tears of pity too flooded because I wasn't strong enough to fight this monster.

I whimpered.

"You smell so sweet," he continued, basking in my scent while playing with my hair. My stomach rolled over, hearing his dire words. He was reeking of alcohol, and I felt repulsive inhaling the pungent smell.

With my free hand, I dug my nail into his rough skin, his face morphed into a scowl and he snarled at me, " You shouldn't have done that, sweetheart." He grasped my shoulders, pulling me against him.

My stomach tightened and my heart started hammering inside my chest out of fear. I didn't want the repetition of that brutal night.

"Please, let me go. You're hurting me," I pleaded while withering under his hold, and trying to free myself. "Please."

There is no use of screaming, no one was here except my mother. I wished my mother to hear me and come to help me. She was drunk and the smirk on his face told apparently that he knew that.

She won't be coming.

His mouth continued to move down, over my neck, and onto my flesh. I dragged up my knees, buckling them up to strike him hard but he pressed me roughly against the counter, a warning that I should give up on fighting him.

"Help!" I screamed, still with the hope that somehow the almighty power wouldn't be so cruel to me and send a blessing in disguise. My throat was dry and parched with the continuous begging and screaming that made no ounce of difference.

"No, not so easily," He murmured in my ears before lifting his head, slightly and gazing into my eyes. "Stop fighting," His hands flattened over my shoulders, pressing them to the wall so I wouldn't move.

"Please..." I wept, my tears clinging onto my lashes as my vision weakened.

Aiden.

I wished he was here to protect me. But he wasn't coming. I left him, I shut the door in front of his face.

Didn't he say, he will protect me from all the brutality outside, so where was he, when I needed him the most?

Maverick shook his head, "I want you," he whispered.

Whatever he had been drinking was getting into his head. Horror loomed in my eyes as his hand drooped to my chest.

No. No. No!

This is not happening.

"No!" I screamed, thrashing my fists at his chest, "leave me!"

"You'll say that now but later on, you'll be happy I did it." He flashed a smile at me before grabbing my wrists.

Tears rolled down my face, my throat choked into the thick affliction. My chest hurt and I couldn't breathe as his lips glided onto my neck, he tore the string off my top while my lifeless eyes couldn't stop the moisture from seeping. He was draining my energy and spirit with malignant.

"Please s-stop...."

I felt so weak and vulnerable, his face was haunting my mind and I tried to close my eyes, to stop looking at the terror he was inflicting upon my body and soul. His fingers moved every inch of my body, he pulled my top above, and just when he was going to touch my breasts, a familiar feminine voice of my mother drifted into the air from distance.

" Maverick dear, what is taking you so much time? I am waiting for the alcohol."

I froze, and so does he.

And he quickly pulled himself from me. The lump that grew in my throat stimulated the most unbearable pain.

" Yes dear, I am coming."

He gave me a dirty look, "Keep quiet, otherwise, there will be a consequence," with that he quickly scrambled out of the kitchen before my mother could catch the glimpse of me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vote, comment & Share!