Chapter 48: Trauma

{3rd person POV}

"H-Huh?"

"Please! Don't! I-I didn't mean to! I'm sorry! I-I'm so sorry!" Oikawa beg out loud while backing up, shielding his face with his left arm.

"H-Hey! Hey! Tooru! It's me, (F/N)!" (F/N) yell out, slowly walking near him.

"N-No hot water! No! Please! I-I'm so sorry! I'm sorry, mother! I'm sorry!" He ignore her calls and keep begging.

"Tooru! Hey... Hey... It's me.. It's me.. Your mother isn't here! She's in jail" (F/N) persuade, keep getting closer to him.

Oikawa started to cry in panic.

(F/N) took the chance to crouch closer to him and pulls him into a hug.

Upon feeling the contact, Oikawa gasped in surprise.

"It's all gonna be okay... She's not here... You're already in safe hands..." she whispered gently, stroking his brown locks.

Oikawa started to cry in her hold when (F/N)'s soft and gentle voice could be heard.

"I-I'm sorry... I'm sorry.. I-I didn't mean to knock the f-frame over..." Oikawa apologized as (F/N) pull away.

"Shh... shh... It's okay... I'm not mad... I'm more worried if you step on the broken glasses..." she exclaim, wiping Oikawa's tears.

Oikawa just hiccups and sobs in her hold.

After he calmed down, (F/N) bring him out to the bed as they sit down.

"I'm sorry for breaking it, (N/N)-Chan... I-I know it's your favourite frame..."

"I don't mind, alright? All I care is the picture... We can buy a new frame... No worries.."

"Really?... You're seriously not mad at me?..."

"I'm not... but I'm mad at the person who make you think that I'm gonna shower you with hot water... Tooru, tell me... Did your mother did that to you before?..." (F/N) asked, intertwining their hands together.

Oikawa nods and look down.

"S-She yelled at me beforehand like always... T-Then she... S-She.." Oikawa stuttered as he tears started to form.

(F/N) who noticed him, immediately push his head down and shush him gently.

"Hey, hey... Shh.. Take your time, honey... Take your time.." she whispered, stroking his hair.

Oikawa sobs and exhale.

"L-Like I said she yelled at m-me then..."

Another flashback (Again-)

"Yes! Winter here we go!" Oikawa cheered as soon he got dressed for the day.

When he makes his way downstairs, he noticed how dark it was.

"Eh? Why is it so dark?" He ask himself as he arrive at the last step.

He take a look around for any sign of his mother but he was met with nothing.

"Where did mother go? I thought she had a day off today" he spoke, making his way to the fridge.

He then noticed a note sticking on the fridge door.

"I'm going out for a while to fetch some groceries... Make sure the living room is cleaned up when I arrive home... Sign, mother..." he read out.

"Clean up the living room? But didn't I just clean it yesterday- Oh.." he immediately cut his sentence when he was met with Riya's scarttered files and paperworks all over the coffee table and couch, her leftover coffee mugs and her on laptop.